We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Product team
Our Product team is committed to building and executing a product vision that moves Karat’s purpose, mission, and business forward, and further establishes the Interviewing Cloud.
What you will do
As a Director of Product Management at Karat, you will define the product roadmap, build out a well-prioritized plan, and partner with a variety of internal stakeholders and teams to ensure a clean delivery.
- Identify and validate new market opportunities, define product vision, strategy, and define clear roadmaps.
- Drive alignment on product priorities with the R&D leadership team and broader organization.
- Partner with Data Science, Design and Engineering teams to build compelling high quality customer experiences.
- Anticipate delivery risks, lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance, and cost as-needed and measure outcomes.
- Align key team members to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals.
The experience you will bring
- 8+ years of product management experience on a SaaS, B2B, or logistics tech product owning product line strategy, product roadmaps and successfully bringing products to market.
- Strong skills around cross-functional collaboration, influence, and communication
- Deep analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem-solving
- Experience ideating, developing, and launching software products in collaboration with technical teams
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask “why”.
- Ability to achieve clarity and drive focus in complex domainsExpert communication skills, including the ability to persuade and inspire, a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts, and a proactive attitude towards knowledge sharing.
- Previous experience working in either a SaaS or startup environment working in dynamic, fast moving environments
This is a full time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.