Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children, teens, and their families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore, especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Revenue Cycle Management and Provider Operations to lead, build out, and scale our revenue cycle management and provider operations team, as we launch with new employers and health plans. Specifically, this role will involve creating and implementing the strategy for how the revenue cycle management and provider operations team scales, as well as collaborating with internal stakeholders across operations, finance, clinical, product, and engineering to support building tools and processes for scale. We are looking for someone who has extensive experience growing revenue cycle management and provider operations teams, who is passionate about creating a member experience focused on price transparency, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Build our revenue cycle management and provider ops team: Build the RCM and provider ops team from the ground up and create a plan for scaling. This includes building the team structure, hiring the team, training the team, and providing excellent leadership so every member of the team can succeed.
- Serve as the strategic leader for revenue cycle management: This includes owning the CPT strategy, being the internal expert on coding and documentation, outlining the most important KPIs, and working closely across commercial, finance, clinical and product to make sure that the strategy and processes are implemented.
- Own the entire billing lifecycle: Create processes and policies around claims submissions, holds, denials, appeals, and collections, with an eye toward having a transparent member experience. Be the primary owner of our billing tool, including making sure it is kept up-to-date and continues to be optimized for scale.
- Develop our tools and processes: Work closely with cross-functional leaders across product, engineering, operations, and finance to automate claims billing, improve processes to increase collections, and support all upcoming enterprise launches.
- Serve as the ultimate point of escalation: When the team runs across challenging billing questions, be the main person they can look to for guidance. Where possible, develop or refine processes to minimize the number of escalations.
- Ensure successful health plan implementations and relationships: Work closely with internal stakeholders and health plans to make sure all operational components are set up for successful launches, across credentialing, eligibility, and billing.
- Lead provider operations: Own all provider credentialing with health plans to support our enterprise launches and state licensing to support our expansion across 50 states.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 5+ years of experience in a Revenue Cycle Management leadership role in healthcare
- A deep understanding of RCM and billing policies and processes and a drive to deliver an exceptional experience for our health plan partners and our members
- Exceptional skills collaborating cross-functionally to create and improve complex processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An undergraduate degree is required
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with a preference for local hires. However, remote candidates will be considered for this role.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.