The Director of Sales Compensation is responsible for creating the strategy, design, and operationalization of incentive compensation plans across the Sales Organization. The leader will drive global consistency, data quality, processing accuracy, and develop and track metrics to assess internal team effectiveness. In addition, this is a key role responsible for efficient processes and timely monthly close processes to meet tight deadlines. The leader will author policies, resolve comp exceptions, conduct training, and maintain compliance controls. Lastly, you will look to find efficiencies across the current processes with a focus on automation.
- Strategic Thought leadership for comp plan design through implementation.
- Present to Revenue Leadership options to drive the right behavior across roles
- Lead Crediting and Commissions processing through the monthly close process
- Lead all exceptions to closure (getting approvals, preventing escalations and executing a communications plan.)
- Document, improve, and automate E2E process including: Quotas and Crediting.
- Ensures for internal compliance of compensation process key controls.
- Work with key business partners to implement processes, systems and tools to improve compensation administration, communication and analysis
- Develop and track metrics to assess internal team effectiveness: Review team capacity, error rate, Case management SLA, process improvement effectiveness.
- Day-to-day administration of the sales compensation program
- Timely resolution of inquiries from comp plan participants
- Provide historical data with analysis by team, role, and Geo.
- Ensure commissions are paid each month accurately and in a timely manner; partner cross-functionally to resolve issues
- 10+ years experience supporting SaaS B2B sales teams in creating, designing, and operationalizing sales compensation plans
- Strong understanding of SaaS comp plans (ARR based) and metered/consumption based plan experience is a bonus
- Experience in analyzing sales commissions processes and finding automation opportunities.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Strong understanding of business and technical processes
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions, and data
- Expertise with Callidus is a plus and Power BI or Aviso is a bonus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.