The HubSpot product team is passionate about helping small and medium-sized businesses grow better by building the tools that help them market, sell, and serve their customers as they scale. We build products for more than 100,000 customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our team has grown fast over the past few years, and our need for empathetic, adaptable, and remarkable leaders has grown as well.
We’re looking for a UX-focused operations leader who’s excited about supporting the systems, tools, and education that our team needs to grow our business lines and achieve a high bar for ease-of-use for our customers. You’ll own and extend 5 key areas: our team operating system & tooling, our Canvas design system, quality measurement, communities of practice, and research operations.
This leader will wear many hats and should be able to anticipate how to evolve our operations to support a rapidly scaling, dynamic, and distributed team. This person should also know how to scale their themselves, as they build a team of talented and motivated cross-disciplinary UXers. We value leaders who are empathetic and supportive coaches that can use their vision to support a large, dynamic organization.
Our UX leaders have these things in common: they develop strategic partnerships with their Product and Engineering peers and enablement partners, they go deep in a problem space or domain and translate their vision into an experience strategy, they coach strong leaders and build diverse and inclusive teams, and they prioritize product quality over strict processes.
- Collaborate with senior leaders in UX, Product, Engineering, and our enablement partners to support the needs of the team in alignment with our product roadmap and business goals
- Manage research operations, including increase recruiting efficiency and quality, manage the incentive budget, and ensure proper tooling is in place
- Own the process and compliance of product quality measurements like usability JIRAs, CSAT data, and usability baseline tests
- Lead our communities of practice, including:
- Tool training
- Creating communities of practice for design and research
- Organize cross-team groups (e.g. Onboarding council)
- Manage procurement and compliance of design tooling, collaboration tools, and research platforms
- Manage vendor relationships
- Evaluate new tools and proactively bring to leadership
- Maintain the quality, integrity, and scalability of our Canvas design system
- Manage and mentor talented designers and illustrators and ensure the team is structurally ready for growth
- Operationalize a focus on accessibility and inclusive design
- Ensure the evolution of components and patterns that facilitate consistency and seamless cross-product journeys
- Thoughtfully organize and scale your team, aligning strengths to customer problems, and providing opportunities for career growth
- Support and empower autonomous teams to succeed by creating a psychologically safe and inclusive environment
- Partner with UX leadership to reinforce the vision, strategy and values of the UX org to help HubSpot UX become a world class team
- Collaborate with Recruiting to build an exceptional and diverse team
We’re looking for those who have:
- Strong, demonstrable experience creating and delivering systems and programs that support the development of successful and intuitive products — we value consumer-grade experience in solving enterprise-level problems
- Experience leading design and research operations teams or platform teams in high complexity environments
- Worked closely with product and engineering leaders to establish objectives, high-level strategies, and key results for a group of design & research operations practitioners
- Set design & research operations practitioners up to identify and drive impact that is great for our customers, the business, and our functional organization
- A developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Experience coaching a broad spectrum of design & research operations professionals like product designers, content designers, and user researchers
- The ability to provide thoughtful feedback on work as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team members’ projects
- Extensive experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to UX practitioners and managers
- Confidence delivering clear, direct and actionable feedback and won’t shy away from confronting difficult situations or increasing communication when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Success collaborating with other leaders to develop a systems vision and convey the strategy to their team in a way that influences execution
- An understanding of how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to your group and to the broader UX team
Interested in applying?
If you’re a UX/Design leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.