Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Organizational Development, Change & Design to establish and lead the OD and change strategy within Elastic’s Global L&OD team. You bring a combination of organizational design, consulting, change management expertise to this new role. This is a distributed role with team members based in the UK and US. This is a hands on role that will lead the execution and you will report to the Head of L&OD.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with Organizational Development (OD) partners to understand the needs of different client groups across key domain areas.
- Lead effective diagnosis in key domain areas, gathering and interpreting relevant qualitative/quantitative data to identify root causes of business/organizational challenges.
- Design, deliver, and implement effective solutions to address complex needs within the context of the larger OD strategy ensuring the right partners are involved at the right times.
- Help to build organizational change capability – educate and coach project team(s), sponsor(s), and functional leader(s) on change management philosophy, principles and tools, along with their roles in change.
- Work with clients and partners to resolve the roles and responsibilities of each individual/group involved in designing specific development interventions. Own the delivery of initiatives, effectively navigating roadblocks, and partner to create a sense of inclusion and belonging.
- Contribute to the design and ongoing improvement of People Development and People Operation methodologies. Oversee, manage and coach junior OD practitioners across all phases of an engagement.
What You Bring Along:
- Seven or more years of relevant professional-level change management, organization development or business transformation experience required. Project leadership experience with the ability to lead and influence others across the organization required.
- 15+ years of Organizational Development or consulting experience with experience delivering client impact in multiple practice areas (e.g. Organizational Design, Organizational Health, and Change Strategy).
- Experience working with and building relationships across multiple client groups and/or geographies.
- Must have knowledge of change management practices and tools with the ability to influence the design, execution and measurement of significant change initiatives from beginning to end. Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills required.
- Experience leading complex organization transformation work across stakeholder matrix.
- Executive presence, with responsiveness, focus, integrity, and excellent business judgment, and the ability to prioritize effectively across multiple priorities.
- Experience working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Organization Development or Industrial/Organizational Psychology preferred.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.