Hi, I’m Chris, The VP of Sales here at Customer.io. We’re searching for a Director of Partnerships to join our rapidly growing, fully-remote, sales organization. This person will lead our Partner Program and drive new demand through the Agency and Technology partner channel. This is a very exciting opportunity to join a globally-distributed and fast-growing company with an outstanding culture in a position that will be essential to our success as we scale.
This is a high-profile role and will sit on the sales leadership team and report directly to the VP of Sales. As the Director of Partnerships, you’ll lead our Partners team which includes a Channel Account Manager (agency relationships) and a Partners Business Development Representative (BDR). Your mission is to build, lead, coach, develop, and grow your direct reports, while building the Partners program into a world class Partnership team within our Sales Organization.
We’re looking for someone who’s entrepreneurial and has great networking and sales acumen. This person should have experience building and managing external relationships within the B2B Saas ecosystem, and driving cross-functional internal teams. You’re comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced start-up environment (fully remote), and are able to put structure to complex problems. You have a growth mindset and are ready to seize the opportunity!
Day to day responsibilities:
- Lead, grow and maintain the existing Agency Partner Program, continuously seeking greater, global diversity from new agency partners that can provide qualified customer referrals.
- Build and manage a strategic plan to attract a global portfolio of channel partners (agency and technology partners) with a shared objective to grab market share with Customer.io the preferred customer engagement vendor that they refer to their clients.
- Directly manage our Channel Account Manager (agency relationships) and a Partners Business Development Representative (BDR).
- Build upon the Partnership team as we continue to scale the program and exceed our referral and revenue goals.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Customer.io’s solutions to articulate competitive differentiation and value proposition to our integration and channel partners.
- Run presentations and demonstrations of the Customer.io solution as needed, in order to pitch the partnership opportunities to prospective partners.
- Mitigate risk and protect our brand reputation by avoiding or removing partners who do not align well with our company core values.
- Work with the customer’s team (Customer Success, Technical Support) to identify areas where agency partners’ service offerings may overlap with our premium plan service offerings – such as a dedicated CSM from the partner side.
- In collaboration with the VP of Sales and CFO, refine & develop referral and revenue goals for the Partner team, as well as the referral commission structure and incentives for our Partners that help us exceed our gross margin targets.
- Own relationships at all levels of partner organizations deploying referral commission programs and relevant tactics to keep Customer.io top of mind.
- Provide agency partners with ongoing sales and product enablement training.
- Work with corresponding Sales team members assigned to partner sourced opportunities to ensure seamless co-selling.
- Attend and network at relevant partner events as needed.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in Partners, Sales, Account Management, or Business Development preferred.
- 3+ years of Direct Management experience.
- Must have experience working in the B2B SaaS customer data ecosystem.
- Demonstrated ability to be versatile and highly organized with acute attention to detail and great business acumen.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple work streams and prioritize competing projects
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with C-Suite executives, with strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,200 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $165,000 – $175,000 USD + Variable Compensation depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passionate!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 5pm on September 16th and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by September 25th with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 45-minute video call with two potential team members
- Final Interview