Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our team is a unique hybrid of finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination. And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom to solve complex problems together, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado.
Wunder is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our commitment to equity is of course embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team.
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, analytical, detail-oriented, and experienced operations professional to join our fast-growing team. Like the rest of us, this person will wear many hats; you will work closely with our founders, partners, customers, and investors to deploy solar into the commercial and industrial market. Internally, as a member of Wunder’s Operations team, you will ensure that our rapidly growing portfolio of solar projects is built of the highest caliber and will hold a key role in the deployment of solar assets. This will also require implementing and improving processes and procedures to ensure data quality, mitigate potential transaction errors, and manage logistical complexity as we scale our platform. Daily activities will include, but not be limited to, leading our capital management, insurance management, and payment processes, developing and iterating workflows to maximize efficacy and efficiency, and collaborating with team members across the organization. Externally, you’ll be engaging with service providers and capital partners to solve problems, answer questions, refine processes, and ensure their experience with Wunder is top-notch.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, this is the role for you.
- A Passion for Process – You have 6+ years of experience managing tight processes and deadlines, ideally in finance, legal, management consulting, audit or energy project development. You thrive on developing and executing efficient processes and you believe bringing order to chaos is one of the finest things in life.
- You’re Hyper-Organized – You’re frequently described as the most organized person your friends know. There’s a lot going on any given day and success in this role will require a high degree of organization, an ability to stay on top of changing priorities, and strong project management skills.
- You’re Extremely Detail-Oriented – The quality of our data is paramount. Whether you’re working in spreadsheets or reading legal contracts, you demand perfection. You take pride in triple checking your work, and you have a “zero-error” life motto. As the last stop before the disbursement of funds, the work is imperative to get right the first time.
- You’re Quantitative & Analytical – You’re fluent in Excel and have no reservations about hopping into a spreadsheet when the need arises. You have a solid understanding of financial concepts and you’re eager to dive even deeper into the world of solar finance.
- Superior Written and Oral Communication Skills – You have proven experience communicating externally and you’re energized by partner engagement. You should be friendly, empathetic, a good listener, and invigorated by developing and maintaining relationships.
- You’re Solution Oriented – You thrive on developing hypotheses and solving complex problems. You’re self-motivated and go above and beyond to ensure success. You are fueled by adjusting and improving processes as well as partnering with teams to make internal tools and systems more efficient.
- You’re a Flexible, Quick Responder – The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and can pivot quickly when needed.
- You have a Team Ethos – You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to help your teammate next to you (or across from you on Zoom) succeed.
- A No-Task-Is-Too-Small Attitude – Wunder is a lean financial technology company, but we close big deals and make a big impact. A lot needs to get done in the process, and there’s no room for ego here.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard – In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You find new and effective ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency and you get pumped about doing so.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
Wunder provides one of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the planet – and that’s hard work! Your job impacts nearly every facet of your life, so we provide an extensive compensation and benefits package to ensure Wunder has a positive impact on your life, both personally and professionally.
SALARY & EQUITY
The base salary range for this role is $110,000 – $240,000 per year, plus equity in the form of stock options. Wunder determines the successful candidate’s compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience and expertise, and the final compensation package will be discussed with the candidate during the final stages of the interview process.
BENEFITS & PTO
Wunder truly cares about your happiness and well-being, so we strive to ensure our benefits offerings are of top quality. We offer the following benefits to all team members:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for all team members
- 50% employer-paid medical, dental & vision insurance for dependents
- Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability & life insurance
- 401k Matching (50% match up to 4% of your base salary)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Dependent Care FSA
- Up to 14 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for childbearing parents; 6 weeks fully paid Parental Leave for non-childbearing parents
- 11 paid holidays & unlimited PTO
Wunder believes connecting with your team members is instrumental to job satisfaction and your ability to solve complex problems. As a hybrid organization, facilitating opportunities that support team cohesion is more important than ever! You’ll find our hybrid team taking coffee walks or collaborating on Zoom, while also cycling, hiking, climbing, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home: Colorado. Here are some of the ways we facilitate a flexible yet cohesive work environment:
- Unless otherwise specified within the job post, you can live wherever you’d like as long as you’re located within the U.S.
- Flexible schedules, so you can pick your kids up after school or finally make it to your favorite yoga class
- A big, bright, funky office located in Downtown Boulder; in-office meals and a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous travel budget for remote team members (expect to travel to Boulder quarterly)
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion through company principles, programs, and events (see below for even more details)
- In-person & virtual events, team offsites, and company retreats
- Annual professional development budget and unlimited book budget
- And so much more!
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION (DEI)
Wunder is focused on providing a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Wunder, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every box in the ‘About You’ section above.
Our commitment to equity is embodied in company policy, but it’s also evident every day in how we conduct business and the internal initiatives and programs we provide for our team. Here are some of the ways we strive to ensure everyone feels welcome, safe and free to be themselves at Wunder:
- A holistic, actionable DEI learning strategy that enables all team members to advance inclusivity in a meaningful way
- Inclusive, objective recruiting processes and partnerships with diverse candidate pools & organizations
- Monthly Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), events and initiatives focused on inclusivity
- Equitable Compensation Principles that ensure every team member is paid fairly and equitably
- An environment that values feedback, active listening, flexibility and open communication