Cmd is dedicated to providing an equal opportunity for all job seekers. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet 100% the requirements listed. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Cmd brings together talented problem solvers, thinkers, and tinkerers to achieve our mission to change the current landscape of cybersecurity. We’re looking for people who are excited to give companies a new way to secure their data, and have some fun along the way.
Join us at a time where you can take full advantage of the opportunities of high-growth and scale. You’ll expand on your current skills, find multiple opportunities that fuel your development, and see your impact in building a company that will change the face of an industry.
About the role
Join our marketing team at an early stage to help secure the most critical cloud and container-based infrastructure. This is a key role that will help us build our persona development, content and product strategy to fuel sales acceleration. This is an opportunity to own the messaging, positioning, and content that contribute to marketing’s pipeline & revenue goals across the customer lifecycle. The candidate will partner with product, growth marketing, and GTM to drive product discovery, adoption and usage. This role will be responsible for hiring. Our customers include leading multinational brands and Saas companies. Forbes called us one of the 20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch in 2020. You will be a critical part of introducing this new technology to executives and decision makers.
We are a company founded by experienced entrepreneurs who understand that building a company is a marathon and not a sprint. We recognize there are many parts to your life that you juggle every day — and we acknowledge that through our hiring, onboarding and everyday life. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
As the Director of Product Marketing at Cmd, you will
- Develop the product marketing strategy and messaging as it relates to Cmd’s platform.
- Craft and socialize a story which aligns with our overarching product narrative and addresses the key problems customers encounter.
- Be THE voice specialist for Cmd and evangelize product functionality, strategy and roadmap across the business through presentations, videos, demos and at in-person events (once travel is permitted).
- Launch new product solutions and partner with product and onboarding teams to implement and monitor product discovery initiatives.
- Collaborate with campaigns and content teams to develop relevant content that aligns with GTM strategy and can be used in campaigns, enablement and other customer interactions focused on product adoption.
- Enable Sales and deliver training for customer-facing teams on product launches, sales plays and competitive takedowns.
- Drive awareness to integration partners for customers with complex requirements.
To be a great fit for the position, you have
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing at a high-tech company, or similar.
- Experience with security and enterprise selling is a plus.
- Customer first mentality and the ability to advocate for the customer’s needs across the business!
- Comfortable in a startup like environment and can operate independently to build and execute new programs and initiatives
- Strong communication and storytelling skills!
- Ability to attract, train and retain world-class talent 3+ years of direct team management experience
- A self-starter mentality with a pragmatic marketing approach
- Effective program execution & alignment across marketing and sales teams
- Excellent presentation/advisory skills – clear, concise thinking and ability to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders
- Demonstrated capability to research/understand a market and its priorities, challenges, opportunities, drivers and influencers
Please note that if you are selected, part of our interview experience will include a project-based take-home challenge where you’ll have the opportunity to present your work to the team.
At Cmd we believe that a diverse, and inclusive workplace leads to a happier team and better product. Cmd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and experiences and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.