Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on product marketing for the core Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch and Kibana), the platform that underpins everything we do at Elastic. In this role, you will be a leader on the product marketing team, working closely with product management, demand generation, and sales to deliver on product messaging and vision, sales enablement, and customer acquisition. You will need to be a master storyteller, a strong writer, an empathetic people manager, and a technically proficient partner to product management and engineering.
This role will be distributed/remote. All locations in the United States are good with us!
- Act as the lead for the Elastic Stack with our top internal partners, and take ownership of the strategy to position Elastic Stack as a differentiator in the market.
- Craft compelling positioning and messaging for buyer and user personas across customer segments
- Develop core product marketing assets (e.g. web pages, presentations, data sheets)
- Represent product marketing cross functionally in support of product launches
- Contribute to go-to-market plans and help define critical metrics against key goals
- Build, curate, and present compelling content to enable field sales and marketing
- Understand customer challenges and opportunities for growth, then frame the Elastic Stack value proposition and return on investment for the customer
- Lead a team of product marketers and help them deliver results and grow their careers
- Partner with peers in Sales, Product, and other Marketing teams, and collaborate to launch new releases and products
Who you are:
You are an experienced product marketer for technical products relating to big data platforms and analytics, perhaps with experience in product management or solution architecture. Relevant domain expertise and experience in cloud technologies. Experience with search, observability, or information security technologies is a plus. You have managed teams before, but are a player-coach who is ready to build and deliver content. You prefer to remain hands-on and technical, but want to effectively communicate about our technology in terms of customer value. You look forward to opportunities to be in front of diverse and demanding audiences.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE), and/or relevant work experience and the ability to be hands-on with our products (maybe you’re self-taught)
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing or related domains
- Experience mentoring and managing a team of direct reports
- Direct experience with products and technologies used in search, IT analytics, data analytics, big data analytics space and audiences that use those products (developers, IT operations, data science, business analytics)
- Natural affinity toward uncovering how something works and using your knowledge for higher-level strategic goals
- Excellent organization and attention-to-detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience organizing and coordinating efforts and programs across large teams
- Experience generating compelling customer-facing and sales-facing assets
- Experience delivering sales enablement sessions
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team
Although not required, you may have:
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, JD or MS in a technology related field.
- Prior experience using Elastic products
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies
- Experience partnering with and coexisting with public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.