Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Director, Sales Compensation will be responsible for leading the design, governance and administration of Yahoo’s sales incentive compensation programs globally. Objectives for this role will include reimagining our sales incentive plan design to align with Yahoo’s transformation and long-term strategy, driving operational process improvements in sales compensation program governance and administration, and improving the scalability of program tools. This role requires working with global business owners in HR, Legal, Sales, Finance, Business Operations, and our Global Revenue teams to ensure the proper sales comp program design, calculation, delivery and execution. Cross-team coordination and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Lead the design, review and oversight of Yahoo’s sales incentive compensation programs in collaboration with senior leadership and other key stakeholders
- End-to-end ownership of calculated incentive programs for the Global Revenue organization
- Owner of the administration, documentation, communication and training of the programs, while ensuring operational excellence, insight and efficiency.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to determine the effectiveness of current sales compensation plans and make viable recommendations to support changing business needs
- Actively manage and mentor a team
- Own global processing and administration of SPIFF programs
- Collaborate with finance and payroll to provide accurate and timely payments
- Resolve commissions questions/disputes from sales employees and the leadership team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Function as subject matter expert on sales incentive comp programs.
- Be a change leader to dramatically improve the effectiveness of our sales compensation program through process improvements based on data driven analysis with quality output and resource usage across the operations team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics or related discipline
- 2+ year’s management experience
- 8+ years’ experience supporting sales teams in a sales compensation capacity
- Leadership experience in a Sales Compensation, Business Ops, or Financial Analyst role
- Experience in leading sales incentive design projects globally
- Experience in optimizing commissions operational efficiencies, inclusive of communications and training
- Ability to break down complex problems and make easily-digestible recommendations through written communications and presentations
- Ability to partner with sales leadership and manage multiple stakeholders within sales
- Comfort with a fast-paced, dynamic environment combined with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience within the high-tech industry
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $129,210.00 – $281,305.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.