We connect the world
HiveMQ helps companies connect devices to the Internet. We make it possible to move data from device to cloud in a secure, reliable and scalable manner. Over 130 customers, including many Fortune 500 companies, rely on our HiveMQ in production for mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products. Our flagship product is HiveMQ, an MQTT broker that empowers innovative companies by creating a central nervous system between things, machines, and humans. Headquartered in the beautiful medieval city of Landshut, Bavaria, HiveMQ is an international company with team members from all over the world.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
The HiveMQ Dev team is dedicated to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the HiveMQ software platform in the highest quality. As a member of the HiveMQ development team, you will design, develop, and deliver solutions that enhance the scalability, availability, and efficiency of the HiveMQ software portfolio. This role works in unison with our support and SaaS teams identifying problems, patterns, anti-patterns, and opportunities to add resilience to our platform and core product. We work with agile principles and believe ruthless automation enables us to move fast while continuously meriting the trust that our customers store in us every day.
- Architect, build, and maintain the core software for massively-scalable global MQTT deployments
- Create self-healing software systems with state-of-the-art tools
- Scrape the boundaries of Brewer’s theorem
- Develop and implement concurrent, distributed, and performant algorithms
- Work intensively with profilers, benchmarking, and state analysis tools
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Solve edge cases and find the common truths behind them
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and can effectively coordinate and work in a team of developers
- A high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish
- Experience with writing distributed software and a strong theoretical background
- A passion for creating performant, scalable and reliable systems.
- The ability to dissect information and to anticipate user behaviour
- Ideally some experience with modern infrastructure-as-code tools, like k8s, terraform etc.
- Professional experience using Java, git and CI/CD tools
- The will to test the boundaries of system behaviour coupled with a strong will for exploration and drive
- We are a remote first company, offering you a very high level of freedom, versatility and autonomy
- We also offer you regular training courses to further develop your career
- Frequent team events and big annual company outings
- Our unique HiveMQ culture with great colleagues, outstanding team spirit and innovative technologies
- We offer you a versatile job with high personal responsibility and global challenging tasks
- You can work in a professional, international working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- With us, you can grow personally in an exciting industry of the future, helping people and companies reach their full potential
- We live a co-operative and respectful corporate culture with fun at work and room for own ideas
- You have the chance to learn, develop and grow with the support of our whole international team
- A very high level of freedom, variability and autonomy
- A MacBook and iPhone of the latest generation
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.