Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
HiveMQs expects the highest quality in its products and therefore invests heavily in making sure its customers don’t run into problems. As a member of this team you’re spearheading MQTT quality in all aspects. In HiveMQs QA team you’ll be a member of a highly committed crew of software engineers who go the extra mile. As the product doesn’t come with a UI – we expect excellent java skills. We are a remote-first company and we currently hire fully remotely any talent who holds a valid residence permit in any EU countries and the UK. We are not sponsoring relocation for this role.
- Development/maintenance of a Testsuite with functional and regression tests.
- Designing and executing test scenarios for load tests in distributed systems.
- Designing and executing test scenarios for exploratory testing in distributed systems.
- Ability to work in an engineering team
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Willingness to dive deep into different products/subsystems.
- Extensive hands on experience working with Java
- Experience in debugging using logs, metrics, traces, profiling and heap dumps
- Experience working with one of the large cloud service providers (AWS, Azure or GCP) and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Linux systems
- Experience writing automated system tests
- An understanding of distributed systems concepts and tradeoffs
- Experience in testing highly scalable applications
- Experience with at least one Java testing framework, for example JUnit, TestNG.
Nice to have:
- Tools: Git, JUnit, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform
- Chaos engineering knowledge
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.