WHO WE ARE
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools – both district and charter – in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partners. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
The District & CMO Academic Strategy Coach will focus on executing both short-term and long term system-level engagements that build the capacity of system leaders. In this role, you will sit alongside district and/or CMO leaders in order to influence their ability to make decisions about their academic strategy and drive change towards breakthrough results. Your work will vary depending on the partners you serve. Primarily, you may find yourself directly coaching district and/or CMO leaders, designing and leading system-wide professional learning, and/or meeting with teams of system level leaders to facilitate strategic planning and/or support implementation of key academic initiatives that strengthen instructional practices. You will cultivate deep relationships within each system to support strengthened coherence and alignment between systems and schools. The District & CMO Academic Strategy Coach will report to the Vice President, System Services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Provide excellent system level coaching support to partners
● Serve as a credible partner in conversations with district and school leadership teams to determine what leaders can do to accelerate impact in schools.
● Support leaders’ planning and communication of key strategies and initiatives to strengthen instruction system-wide.
● Support, implementation and progress tracking of high-quality, standards-aligned instructional materials and provide thought-partnership to address implementation challenges such that systems are able to achieve their instructional vision.
● Design and deliver professional learning on-site or virtually to system leaders and system teams that builds their capacity and drives towards targeted outcomes.
● Utilize guidance from leading education entities to support strong academic planning.
Work alongside Partnership Success team to ensure strong client engagement of senior level team members in our partner systems
● Optimize strong internal cross-functional collaboration by engaging in cross-team huddles to ensure alignment of services for partners.
● Conduct system reviews that lead to defined scopes of work (e.g. program and pricing) alongside the Partnership Success team for all partners, while engaging directly with key external decision makers (e.g. Chief Academic Officers, Superintendents, Principal Managers, principals) to assure that the defined scope of work will meet their needs.
● Support the overall scope of system level engagements, including executing on given timelines and deliverables.
● Ensure strong and engaged relationships with partners (i.e. high net promoter and renewal rates) by setting vision and executing on any next steps articulated in the client engagement strategy that focuses on retention of existing partners and leads to multi-year, high impact system partnerships.
Drive the design and thought leadership of our system coaching work
● Collaborate with the Vice President of System Services and the System Services team on codifying what system leaders need and what drives impact across systems.
● Identify ways to strengthen the connections between our short- and long-term coaching engagements to strengthen our offerings that lead to strong outcomes for partners.
● Be an active contributor to the refinement of our system partnership framework and codification of system coaching best practices.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You have experience working at a system level within a school district or CMO and a track record of success in supporting senior system leaders around instructional strategy.
● You have successfully led, designed and/or played an instrumental role in large-scale strategy implementation that was executed through layers.
● You know what breakthrough results look like at the classroom, school, and systems level and are knowledgeable about leveraging standards (including Common Core State Standards), data, and assessments to drive instructional practices.
● You are skilled in identifying, cultivating, and sustaining strong rapport and relationships with school and systems leaders that facilitate high impact partnerships.
● You are skilled in leveraging your strategic thinking skills to identify opportunities and challenges, articulate root causes, and assess the needs of stakeholders in order to develop an overall vision of success and to make recommendations that will accelerate change.
● You are a compelling presenter and facilitator who can explain complex problems and solutions in clear, concise and engaging ways to adult learners.
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels; you believe in the power of formative assessment, coaching, and professional development as critical levers in school improvement.
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
● You are excited to lead partnerships with the systems within your portfolio and are therefore willing to travel for in-person engagements, as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience in a similar role and qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: medical, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; educational expenses reimbursements; flexible spending accounts; professional development; a 401(k) plan with a 4% match; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance. We also offer an inclusive environment where we welcome you to bring your whole self to work every day.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your application online.
ANet has implemented a Mandatory Vaccination Policy, which requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or obtain an approval for exemption due to medical or religious reasons prior to commencement of employment unless applicable state or local law provides otherwise.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.