WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
You would be joining a fully remote Donor Support Team nested in the Customer Service Department. We are a diverse group of people with bright minds, different backgrounds, and a variety of skill sets. We believe that diversity creates a stronger team, brings more ideas to the table, and allows us to approach solutions from different angles.
The Donor Support Team is a critical piece of ActBlue’s work to democratize power in this country through small-dollar fundraising and empowering donors. The Donor Support Team supports thousands of donors per day and plays a key role in answering questions and concerns, resolving billing inquiries, and assisting with a wide array of issues over email and phone. As the Donor Support Manager, you join a team of managers with reports of one workstream (Donor Support Associates and Senior Donor Support Associates) and will report to the Assistant Director Team Operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage, coach, and mentor multiple Donor Support Associates & Senior Donor Support Associates to perform tasks, such as:
- Answering emails with speed and accuracy while meeting team-wide expectations (metrics)
- Answering voicemails
- Giving donors callbacks
- Completing projects as assigned by DS Leadership
- Occasionally presenting updates for the team or department meetings
- Evaluate the need for new resources and collaborate with DS Leadership in their creation
- Assist in training/onboarding current and new staff as needed
- Provide recommendations for professional development to your reports
- Provide periodic support in donor queues around major deadlines and key dates (primaries, elections, etc.) with the goal of both staying up to date on current issues and providing support to the team
- Lead weekly 1:1 meetings with your report(s) and schedule any other meetings for project work, training, etc. with them
- Collaborate with other managers and Donor Support leadership to shape the Donor Support team’s policies, systems, and culture
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2+ years of experience in direct donor support work at ActBlue or significant experience managing full-time staff at ActBlue or in a previous work experience
- Experience working with email ticket systems like Zendesk and understanding of CS metrics like CSAT, avg. reply time, – you can convert numbers into stories
- Experience in analytical reading and problem solving
- Experience implementing new tools and strategies to increase efficiency, automate workflows, and maximize resources
- Demonstrated ability to build healthy, authentic, and trusting relationships with colleagues and/or direct reports, including through providing support and developmental feedback
- Demonstrated commitment to soliciting, welcoming, and acting on feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain resilience, and support others through challenging circumstances. We are a growing and maturing team, department, and organization that will continue to evolve.
- Ability to communicate clearly across multiple mediums. You’ll be in contact with many people every day — candidates for this position should enjoy constant communication, including direct donor support.
- Track record of hitting ambitious goals, and ability to prioritize multiple competing projects You are a team player and yet a self-starter who enjoys working independently.
- You’re productive working from home.
- You are organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time salaried position. This role will be fully remote and may require a non-traditional, but regular, work schedule including regular weekends and/or non-EST coverage. The schedule for this position specifically will be shared as early in the interview process as possible, and confirmed prior to an offer of employment being made. ActBlue is currently authorized to support remote work employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $73,000 – $82,000
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.