$70k – $105k • No equity
Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our editorial news site, network of podcasts, and global conference series.
We are currently expanding our team of editors and reporters to produce macro and crypto oriented content for our readership of investors.
As an Editor at Blockworks, you will manage a team of reporters to onboard the next wave of investors and financial executives into the crypto space by scaling our editorial team.
We are looking for someone with proven editorial and management experience at a crypto or finance publication.
We are based in New York and prefer candidates on the East Coast, but this role is remote friendly.
You’re a seasoned writer or editor who has experience with finance and crypto, knows how to bring the best work out of reporters, and is comfortable shaping the direction of a publication.
You know what makes for good content, how to build a supportive and effective culture in a newsroom, and aren’t afraid to write every now and again yourself.
*In your role, you will: *
- Work with Managing Editor to manage day-to-day operations of our website, ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality content
- Manage and mentor a best-in-class team of writers and reporters
- Provide copy and content editing on news articles and longer form pieces
- Own website maintenance including arranging articles, sourcing images, and general upkeep
- Produce written content of your own when needed
- Build your own network of sources within the industry
- Support the creation and delivery of branded content, including speaking with clients and building and managing a team of freelancers to create said content
- Edit multiple daily and weekly newsletters
- Support the creation of content calendars for webinars and in-person events, including eventually hosting webinars or panel sessions
- Proven editorial and management experience at a publication covering crypto or finance
- Ability to write and edit clearly and quickly. Crypto moves quickly, so you absolutely need to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make substantive revisions as well as detailed line edits
- Desire to build an inclusive, diverse, and innovative environment
- Very detail oriented and organized
- Understanding of SEO
- Experience working with content management systems (bonus points for image editing programs and web analytics tools)
- Passion for content and developing new, creative ideas
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Remote work-station stipend
- Commuter benefits
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please send your resume and links to three pieces you’ve written at email@example.com with the subject line Editor + your name.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism.
We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org