Editorial QA Editor (Temporary, Part-Time)
Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve. Above all, we’re looking for the right person to grow with us.
Reporting to the Editorial Quality Assurance (EdQA) Manager, the Editorial QA Editor will test digital lessons in Curriculum Associates’ internal authoring platform and will proofread and PDFs of print and online lessons. The successful candidate in this role will take an active part in testing and proofreading a variety of digital and print educational material, ensuring the timely delivery of high-quality products.
This is a 5-month temporary contract from 2/1/21-6/25/21 and part-time, 10-25 hours per week.
Training and meetings will occur within east coast business hours between 9am-5pm Eastern.
Outside of training and meeting time, work hours are flexible.
The impact you’ll have:
- Work collaboratively across several teams to create high-quality print, digital, and eBook products
- Test digital lessons in Curriculum Associates’ authoring platform for accurate and appropriate content
- Accurately record errors found, fix errors when possible, and retest lessons as needed
- Enter content, such as images, videos, and audio cue points into the authoring platform
- Adhere to schedules and report on progress to support company product objectives and timelines
Who we’re looking for:
- An individual looking to grow in a dynamic educational technology and publishing environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work carefully and thoroughly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience proofreading, copyediting, or doing technical QA
- Strong written communication skills, including knowledge of grammar
- Familiarity and comfort with digital tools such as Adobe Acrobat, Confluence, SharePoint, and VPNs
- Experience with or interest in document preparation systems such as LaTex
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required
- Note: Due to the frequent use of large file transfers, you’ll need to have strong and reliable internet connectivity
This is a remote position. Training and meetings will occur within east coast business hours between 9am-5pm Eastern Time. Outside of training and meeting time, work hours are flexible.