Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
You should know that our marketing team is throwing the traditional playbook out the window. We want to create obsession-worthy experiences across multiple audiences- our users, community members, and customers. And once someone raises their hand to talk to us, we want to delight the heck out of them.
That’s where you come in. As an Email + Automation Program Manager, you’ll own a significant portion of the journey by creating nurture programs from the ground up tailored to each of these audiences.
In this role, you’ll be part of the Demand Generation team. We partner with marketing and sales on campaigns designed to increase awareness of Sourcegraph’s universal code search solutions and drive demand to hit pipeline and revenue goals.
Within one month:
- Review your 30/60/90 day onboarding plan with your manager
- Meet with your peers on the marketing, sales, customer, and product teams to understand how their roles align with yours
- Take over existing email communication cadences
- Dig into historical email metrics
- Create email communication intake processes and establish email calendar to ensure on-time execution
- Build email marketing best practices out and begin executing tests for optimization
Within three months:
- Validate testing results to continue to improve performance
- Be well underway with mapping out conversation journeys/nurture programs across multiple audiences
- Understand and evolve our audience segmentation – Help define our segmentation strategy and partner cross-departmentally to bring it to life
Within six months:
- Have nurture cadences up and running and optimized for awareness, adoption, retention, and advocacy
- Set up email marketing workflow programs to capitalize on martech ecosystem triggers throughout a developer’s buy-in journey
- Evaluate existing supporting technologies to determine scalability through massive organizational growth
Within one year:
- Be the mastermind behind the best email nurture programs that delight and inspire developers in any stage of their buy-in journey
- Anticipate the communication needs of our onboarding users and customers
- Have strong educational foundations built out for new team members to understand the team’s practices
- Raise your hand as a leader, take responsibility, provide direction and guidance, encourage others, grow the company
You dream in drip campaigns and drool over a crisp workflow. You consider yourself to be equal parts strategic and tactical and are excited by the opportunity to distill a big vision into specific programs and execute. You see yourself in our values and feel connected to our mission to make it so that everyone can code. This mission-based work and opportunity to innovate motivates you to do some of your most creative work here at Sourcegraph.
- Hands-on-keyboards experience executing email marketing campaigns (planning, creating, sending, and performance forecasting) for B2B tech companies
- Strategic understanding of the intersection between technology and the customer experience and tactical ability to translate requirements into technical solutions
- Expert-level ability to create and activate content strategies via marketing automation tools for various programs that support the growth lifecycle
- Hubspot guru and Salesforce savvy
- Knowledge of Hubspot Design Tools, HTML/CSS, and digital design best practices
- Comfortable defining KPIs and delivering insightful, articulate reports on program performance
- Comfortable taking ambiguous requirements and shaping them into high-impact marketing strategies and programs using independent thinking and sound judgment
- Excels at direction-setting, consensus-building, and communication in a dynamic, collaborative culture to ensure timelines are met
- Comfortable building and managing a variety of audiences for multi-channel campaign execution (paid media, email, direct mail, on-site, content syndication)
- Agile and able to learn new technologies
Nice to haves:
- Background in developer marketing
- Experience vetting new vendors to move towards scalable solutions for a growing organization
- Ability to create messaging on the fly if needed
- Experience creating landing pages to match messaging
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen.
- [30 min] HM Video call intro call with Rebecca Rissinger, Manager, Marketing Operations
- [30 min] Video call with Sarah Reece, Director, Demand Generation
- [Show off your work] Submission of Email Design(s) Portfolio and HTML code
- [30 min] Video call with a Product Manager
- [30 min] Video call with a Customer Operations teammate
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & offer you the job!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.