As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience’s daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Podcast Network (VMPN) is one of the largest, fastest growing, and most topically diverse collections of high-quality podcasts in the world. With over 200 active shows from our editorial networks and partners, we empower a portfolio of passionate and trusted voices to host important, meaningful, and entertaining conversations and stories about the news, tech, business, sports, culture, and more.
What you’ll do:
CAFE is a new addition to the Vox Media Podcast Network that explores how law and justice intersect with every aspect of our society. CAFE’s portfolio of shows includes the award-winning podcast Stay Tuned with Preet hosted by former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and CAFE co-founder Preet Bharara; Now & Then hosted by historians Heather Cox Richardson and Joanne Freeman; the narrative series Doing Justice; and several other new shows in development. CAFE also offers a collection of exclusive podcasts, newsletters, events, and online content through their innovative CAFE Insider membership program.
As the email marketing manager for CAFE, you will develop and execute the email marketing strategy for CAFE’s award-winning podcasts and subscription product. You will work in partnership with editorial, production, marketing, and technology teams to build, test, deploy and optimize email campaigns to engage new and existing audiences. You will test tactics to maximize email reach and engagement; identify ways to improve efficiency and processes through automation; and track, analyze, and report key metrics to help us grow audience and increase subscriber conversion and retention.
The right candidate will bring email marketing expertise, hunger to learn and grow, and passion for podcasts (especially CAFE’s!).
- Develop strategy for using email to grow our audience and increase subscriber conversion / retention
- Manage email design and buildout of CAFE’s newsletters and marketing campaigns, identifying and implementing opportunities to grow its subscription base and optimize its performance
- Develop solutions to optimize audience engagement and experience
- Develop and deploy all email campaigns through our ESP (MailChimp), ensuring content and segmentation accuracy alongside triggers and drip campaigns
Work closely with the editorial, creative and merchandising teams to coordinate creative needs for email
- Track, analyze, and report out KPIs including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate
- Combine email KPIs with distribution and monetization metrics to present an overview of business health and progress against goals
You are an entrepreneurial problem solver with:
- Email marketing experience, with specific experience building and analyzing email campaigns (e.g., for a media company, a subscription product, political campaign, etc.)
- Proven track-record of developing and executing successful CRM programs
- Understanding of audience targeting and segment, dynamic content, email deliverability, and email performance analysis
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Exceptional attention to detail, problem-solving approach, and flexibility to meet deadlines and respond to breaking and developing news.
- Strong analytical knowledge and experience reporting and deriving insights from multiple data sources (MailChimp, Google Analytics and tools for tracking subscriber behavior and podcast listening)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to analyze data and communicate it in digestible terms
- Eager to learn and implement the latest in email best practices and data reporting
- And most of all: curious, kind, trustworthy, enthusiastic, and scrappy
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.