Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship (formerly Urban Airship) is a US company giving brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet passes and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value. Airship was named a Leader in Gartner’s most recent Mobile Marketing Platform Report, achieving positioned highest in its ability to execute and also furthest for its completeness of vision (full report here
In January 2019, Airship acquired Accengage, continental Europe’s largest provider of mobile CRM and push notifications, to form the world’s largest digital customer engagement company, with offices in San Francisco, Portland, Paris, London, Munich and New Delhi.
Together, we work with many of the world’s most admired brands: Vodafone, BBC, McDonald’s, Adidas, Zalando, Air France, Orange, AXA, NBC Universal, Sky News, The Home Depot, Carrefour, BNP Paribas, ASOS, Le Monde, Veepee, Rocket Internet and many more.
The EMEA Marketing Manager will play an integral role in shaping and executing the marketing strategy for Airship in the german market and across the EMEA region, and will have a strong focus on content marketing and event management. Reporting to our EMEA Marketing Director based in the UK, you will be the first Germany-based marketer, joining a marketing team that is split between the UK, France and the USA.
Among your responsibilities, you will be involved with the planning, and execution of the EMEA marketing strategy to support Account Based Marketing and lead generation, and will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of your projects as well as making recommendations for improvements.
– Contribute to the design and execution of the marketing plan for the EMEA region, with particular focus on the German market.
– Ensure the sales team is supported with the content and assets needed to help them create new business opportunities and close sales.
– Continuously monitor, report on, and improve the effectiveness of your activities.
– Create or manage the translation of content marketing assets into German including whitepapers, ebooks, reports and case studies.
– Plan and manage the production of blog posts in German that support the website SEO
– Support the creation of content in German for Google ads, social media ads and retargeting campaigns.
Events (trade shows and online events)
Manage owned and sponsored virtual events (and in-person events in the future) including:
– Secure the appropriate sponsorship level based on our objectives.
– Identify and contact potential customer guest speakers, and work with them to craft their presentation decks, or act as a support team member to guide them and help them craft their content.
– Coordinate all stakeholders before and during events.
– Plan and execute your marketing and communication plan (marketing emails, website updates, social posts…) to ensure they are a success in terms of registration, attendance, satisfaction, sales opportunities created, etc.
– Work with our graphic design team on all required assets: booth designs, roll-ups, brochures, flyers, ads, website illustrations, email signatures, etc.
– Provide prior brief and on-site support for all of our staff members.
– Provide our sales teams with the information, content, and tools they need to succeed at all stages of the sale.
– Track and enhance the follow-up of events and marketing campaigns by the Sales teams.
– Act as the main marketing point of contact for our German sales team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
– 5+ years of experience in B2B Marketing, preferably for a SaaS / marketing technology company or digital marketing agency.
– Content marketing experience.
– Event management experience.
– Strong project management skills and strengths in managing multiple projects/deadlines; ability to set priorities and be flexible in changing environments.
– Strong experience in partnering with direct sales, and customer success teams.
– Good understanding of B2B marketing to drive customer acquisition and demand generation.
– Knowledge of Salesforce and Marketo.
– You are autonomous, curious, proactive, and very well organised in your daily work
– Native German and fluent in english
– Experience working in a pan-european team is a plus.
Marketing and digital experience teams at thousands of the world’s most admired companies
rely on Airship’s Customer Engagement Platform to create deeper connections with customers by delivering incredibly relevant, orchestrated messages on any channel.
Founded in 2009 as a pioneer in push notifications, Airship now gives brands the user-level data, engagement channels, AI orchestration and services they need to deliver push notifications, emails, SMS, in-app messages, mobile wallet cards and more to exactly the right person in exactly the right moment — building trust, boosting engagement, driving action and growing value.