Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
We are looking for an experienced EMEA Security & Safety Manager to join the Yahoo Global Security and Safety team. The position will lead all aspects of physical security and safety operations in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa and report into the Yahoo Director of International Security.
The ideal candidate for the role will have demonstrated the ability to work in all disciplines of physical security operations as well as possessing in-dept knowledge of the regional health and safety requirements to align with compliance regulations.
Includes, but is not limited to; Management of all aspects of physical security and systems, risk analyses, large event security, travel security, executive protection support, investigations, contingency planning and crisis management support.
- Assist security leadership in identifying, implementing and maintaining security practices, policies and training relating to direct reports and Yahoo staff
- Lead Security related communications, promote security awareness, use communication channels to facilitate the distribution of time sensitive security information.
- Monitor and report on each site/country risk management plan, including periodic on-site visits.
- The ability to advise leadership on risks in new geographies.
- Facilitate the development and delivery of employee training and awareness related to travel safety and security. Knowledge of journey management in high risk environments would be beneficial
- Manage relationships with outside providers who support travel safety and medical/emergency response.
- Partner with training and event planning teams to mitigate security risks at on and off-site locations by coordinating needed security precautions.
- Review new construction projects for related change management and facilitate continued compliance with all relevant partners.
- Work closely with the Work Place and Real Estate team to ensuring security risk mitigation and requirements are factored into site selection / building processes.
- Manage new and refurbishment projects to ensure Yahoo security standards are being implemented across the sites.
- Train, organise and convene operationally the EMEA Crisis Management response in line with the Yahoo Global Crisis Management program (led by business lead in EMEA)
- Manage budgets and monitor KPIs with eternal vendors.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) based in Dublin
- Lead investigations relating to EMEA safety and physical security incidents and provide well-articulated reports, briefings, and action recommendations.
- Conduct physical security Site Risk Assessments of offices in the EMEA region.
Additionally, the role leads the region’s health & safety strategy.
Plan and implement EH&S compliance programmes to ensure the deployment of safe work practices, including, but not limited to; emergency response plans, fire prevention, injury and illness prevention, required safety training and general regional regulatory compliance.
- Conduct required training to ensure compliance with legal safety regulations at all Yahoo EMEA sites.
- Liaises with individual offices’ local emergency services, etc.
- Prepare, implement, and lead a Yahoo Emergency Response Team for offices in the region.
- Familiarise staff with occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols.
- Manage external health and safety vendors where appropriate.
Your experience should include;
- 5+ years of experience leading security & safety programs, in technology or creative office environments
- Demonstrated ability overseeing security guard force operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required as well as interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Must be highly adaptable and flexible
- Understands OKRs, metrics collection, and analysis
- Working knowledge of CCure 9000 Access control system and associated CCTV platforms
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Experience in influencing and interacting with business leadership, gaining consensus on interdisciplinary projects and reporting on key performance indicators and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to be proactive, self-sufficient, and manage your time effectively
- Experience managing people, multiple projects and vendors with successful delivery on-time and on-budget in a fast-paced environment
Short notice travel will be required at times and yearly travel away from home base is expected around 20-30% of the calendar year, but may vary depending on requirements within region.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.