Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global HR-tech space as an Employment Operations Manager, joining our Legal Team. We are looking for a talented and eager lawyer, who is interested in helping with our team’s mission, namely: supercharging our business through the provision of excellent legal advice and implementation of solid legal processes.
Remote’s well established Legal team is a bunch of friendly, talented highly motivated lawyers from a whole host of different countries, with some awesome experiences.
As Remote is increasing its global footprint, every expansion into a new country brings myriad legal issues. The Legal Team is responsible for the legal soundness of our business models, contractual agreements with clients and their staff (i.e. the employees we hire under our “Employer of Record” service – our “external employees”) and data protection compliance amongst other areas.
More specifically, we support:
- Our Onboarding team in any employment agreement redlines;
- Optimizing the ticketing and task management process so that tickets are handled efficiently, redirected (if needed) to the proper Legal Team member or other Remote department; and
- Ensuring that our priority Clients get the best in class treatment so they can quickly and easily hire Employees
Our Legal Team enjoys exposure to a broad range of areas, but are also encouraged to focus on one or two things specifically. We want to empower team members to Own (one of our five core values) their projects and tasks. They nevertheless have support, leadership and guidance from our General Counsel who has run Legal teams in 2 fast-paced scale ups.
Our priorities for 2022 are likely to be centered around:
- Better response times for Employment Agreement redlines
- Speedier onboarding of Employees
- A better internal knowledge base so that colleagues can quickly find the answers they need on a self-service basis.
- Providing top quality Product counsel to teams that are improving our existing service and launching new services.
- Take on a key role within the Legal Team, improving our product and user experience around Employment Agreements, while supporting other team members using your subject matter experience and people management skills.
- Manage paralegals/contractors and lawyers in answering and distributing tickets related to redlining, enterprise clients, and Employee onboarding
- Advise Sales, Product, Onboarding, Payroll & Benefits, Customer Success/User Happiness, Growth and Partnerships, and Lifecycle on a wide range of legal issues across multiple jurisdictions.
- Work with other teams such as Tax and Finance to better serve our clients needs, while also seeking efficiencies and greater collaboration with Legal Operations
- Contribute to the Legal team’s sustainable growth and structure, raising internal awareness to the legal teams’s work and expertise.
- Build relationships with key senior stakeholders across the organisation, evolving the role of the Legal team in order to add maximum value to the business.
What you bring
- Qualified Lawyer (mandatory), with a preference for previous in-house experience
- Figures out solutions rather than just escalating problems.
- Previous in-house experience
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and ability to manage lawyers and paralegals across a wide-range of tasks
- Ability to learn and master Remote’s communication application (Slack), contract management system (Juro), documentation sources (Notion, Google Drive, etc.), and task management system (Asana)
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- You’ll report to: Legal Expert – Sales, Operations, and International Expansion
- Team: Legal
- Location: Anywhere
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $146,500.00 – $158,000.00 Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org