Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We’re looking for a Manager to lead the team responsible for Internal Team Enablement on Trust & Safety, supporting our growing organization in training, documentation, and quality assurance.
In this role you will guide a team of subject matter specialists owning Trust & Safety’s internal resource strategy and execution. You’ll develop a comprehensive strategy across three functions to champion a forward-thinking and lean resource framework, inject consistency on key collaborative initiatives, and amplify our work across the organization and company. Do you find joy in supporting others to efficiently scale their work, while measuring your impact and iterating on your approach? If so, this could be the perfect match!
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager of Trust & Safety Enablement. We’re open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. Candidate will be expected to work Eastern Standard Time US hours.
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of Program Managers and Specialists responsible for: developing individual functional strategies, initiating cross-functional collaboration, and executing on tactical priorities
- Develop and maintain a unified OKR strategy across complementary functions: training, documentation, quality assurance and coaching – setting team objectives and partnering with functional leads on projected key results and measuring progress
- Manage at least 4 direct reports, mentoring them on goal setting, work prioritization and career development, and building alignment with leadership on the team’s behalf
- Develop and track team and individual KPIs to further accountability and inform impact
- Lead operational change management processes and resource updates across Trust & Safety, collaborating with functional Program Managers to centralize Enablement communication and updates
- Refine and maintain an organizational partner model, supporting Program Managers by developing consistency across functions and operational teams
- Refine engagement model with operational team leadership: ensuring alignment, modelling flexibility, and accounting for growth
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of people management with a proven ability in resource creation and maintenance, preferably in the trust and safety industry
- Experience developing strategy across distinct functional areas
- Experience mapping and tracking performance KPIs, and using those to guide individual performance
- Comfortable leading in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Comfortable providing and receiving feedback as an everyday practice
- Ability to maintain composure and optimism in high stress situations
- Outstanding communication and social skills, with the ability to influence multiple partners at various levels and subject areas
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.