Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Elastic Endpoint Protections team researches, designs, builds, and monitors security detections and preventions in the Elastic’s Endpoint product. We are looking for a Security Research Engineer to research and implement new features that will prevent attackers from compromising and persisting in a user’s environment. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Security Protections team, a diverse set of security researchers, data scientists, and engineers who lend domain expertise to work with you to solve creative security problems and deliver fantastic user experiences. You will also have the opportunity to contribute directly to Elastic Endpoint product code in collaboration with the dedicated Endpoint development team in the creation and improvement of new security features that are deployed to the end users.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as part of the Security Protections team at Elastic with other software engineers, data scientists, and security researchers
- Research and build new endpoint protections by studying state of the art attacker techniques and designing new ways to detect them
- Present research at security conferences and contribute back to the security industry
- Write code in a collaborative environment with peers in multiple countries and timezones
- Contribute to free and open source Elastic projects used by organizations around the world, solving security problems at scale with our global community of users
What You Bring Along:
- 2+ years experience writing robust, production code. We use multiple programming languages (primarily C/C++ and Python), so we’re looking for people with some experience in these areas and the ability and interest to learn new languages and technologies.
- 3+ years experience analyzing, studying, and understanding attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), as well as developing new methods and approaches for detecting advanced security threats.
- Collaborative attitude with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a distributed, fast-paced, and autonomous environment
- Passionate about protecting the world’s data from attack
Bonus Points and Preferred Qualifications:
- Low level C/C++ development, including kernel experience and familiarity with common code injection / process hooking techniques
- Working knowledge of Windows internals and Windows development experience
- Reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Vulnerability research and exploitation
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.