Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Endpoint team is looking for an experienced engineer to join us in writing low-level code to detect and prevent advanced security threats across Windows, macOS, and Linux. You will be working with former intelligence community and seasoned security industry engineers with extensive security expertise – including the author of Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel. If you’re an experienced Windows, macOS, and/or Linux system-level engineer, join our Endpoint development team and help prevent the world’s data from attackers.
- C/C++, Python, x86/x64 assembly
- lldb, gdb, Windbg
- Windows, macOS, and/or Linux kernel development and user space, system level APIs
- git, Jenkins
- Design and develop robust kernel and/or system-level code that collects data with minimal impact on system performance.
- Write, code review, and unit test cross platform code in a multi-threaded application.
- Work with our platform team to rapidly integrate new features end-to-end.
- Communicate and document new features with team members and quality assurance engineers.
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Live, breathe, and eat operating system kernels and system level APIs
- 10+ years software engineering experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience debugging with lldb, gdb, WinDbg, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Networking socket programming and protocol analysis
- Cross platform, system level development
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.