We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you passionate about building applications and have a desire to code? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? Do you bring in the desire to learn from experienced engineers and collaborate to turn code into something incredibly impactful ?You’ll find that at Thinkific!
As an Engineering Co-op at Thinkific, you’ll work closely with an Engineering Team Lead, experienced Developers, Designers, and Product Managers to deliver platform features while growing your technical skills and understanding the process of delivering web-based software. You’ll have opportunities to learn and grow by working across our application stack to ensure business milestones are met while also investigating, assessing, and fixing defects within the product.
In this role, you will:
- Grow your technical skills by learning from other developers on the team through pair programming, code reviews, and design sessions
- Level up your technical skills by working on a scalable and distributed software system
- Understand the process of delivering a product by participating in our agile development process to design and implement features
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product
- Understand what it means to work on a team by collaborating with your Team Lead, Developers, Product Managers, and Designers
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Are someone who is open to work with mentors to learn the craft of software engineering and development
- Love to collaborate in small teams to design, build, and ship high-quality software to production
- Are responsible and are willing to take on tasks and see them through to completion
- Are self-motivated with strong teamwork and communication skills
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or training in this field, may have some projects to show for it, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Can demonstrate a basic understanding of server-side programming languages
- Have a working knowledge of front-end languages and frameworks
- Possess a basic understanding of web-based, MVC-style software applications
- Are proficient in using RESTful services
- Possess some knowledge of Agile methodology and how it applies to software teams
Bonus points if you:
- Showcase basic understanding with Ruby and Ruby on Rails applications
- Possess basic knowledge working with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!