WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, that have empowered our staggering growth, and could be instrumental to your career development
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, SalesLoft has over 450 employees and is growing rapidly. As a testament to our Organizational Health, SalesLoft has been named twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation,’ and has been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta’ three separate years. SalesLoft is ranked #1 in the emerging category of Sales Engagement software and is on a mission to equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience.
We’re redefining an age old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our Software Engineers on the Engineering Enablement team are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Engineering team, seeking out ways to make the product development and quality assurance experience more seamless.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to identify weaknesses in tools and processes and create solutions to solve the problems. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking results-oriented individuals who can identify areas for improvement and have a passion for making others’ lives easier. You’ll be working on internal projects and building tools to increase the productivity of our delivery teams. Your workload is driven by the engineering, architecture, and quality assurance needs of the organization; the impact of your work can be seen immediately as it’s rolled out to the internal teams.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for “writing the code that writes the code.” You’ll build, set up, and maintain systems and tools that help our growing Engineering team do their jobs well, easily, and perhaps even with a smile on their faces. You are part of the backbone that ultimately helps our entire Product team drive improvements to our customers. Our tech stack includes Ruby, Elixir, React, Node, Golang, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, Github, Jira and many others.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… If you’re passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming a Software Engineer in Engineering Enablement is the career path for you!
SalesLoft’s Engineering team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming software engineers who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Engineering Enablement team consists of well rounded technologists who love a new challenge. Some examples of projects the team has taken on – a Slack app that deploys to the QA environment, a simplified developer set up process, and a template solution for the team to use when creating new microservices. The major tool the team is responsible for is called Hydra; it’s a QA deployment management tool sitting on Kubernetes that dynamically generates test environments. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a SaaS environment
- Systems Programming maturity in code design and deployment
- Previous experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Linux
- Strong learning desire and willingness to jump in and debug issues across a diverse range of technologies
- Drive to stay on the forefront of technology and systems. We want to use the best techniques and tools available to us.
- Collaborative mentality by prioritizing ‘we’ and not focusing on ‘me’
- Superb listening skills; Seek out problems others are experiencing and find solutions.
- Communicate with the whole Product Development team as you build new tools and systems for them to use. We strive for transparency and also enjoy showing off new things from time to time.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Attend the half day introduction to Salesloft Engineering, where you will get a high level introduction to the architecture of the platform and learn the basic processes of the Engineering Team.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Own one minor improvement to a tool or process change
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Own one major improvement to a tool or process change
- Understand the inner workings of the SalesLoft microservices infrastructure
- Create relationships with key stakeholders on the engineering team
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Proactively propose new tools and solutions for the team
- Be regarded as a resource for the entire engineering team
- Consistently achieve your OKRs
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.