We’re looking to add an Engineering Lead to our Data Infrastructure team. This person will be hands-on and close to the code while also having the opportunity to grow successful direct reports, and run productive teams. The Engineering Lead oversees a small family of teams and provides technical, product, and team level leadership to those teams.
The Data Infrastructure teams at HubSpot are responsible for building and maintaining data storage technologies across the product. Teams work with a variety of open source technologies like MySQL, Vitess, Hadoop HBase, Kafka, Spark, and Elastic Search all running on AWS. A number of our teams are active contributors to the Open Source projects that they work on. We own and operate some of the largest fleets of database clusters in the world serving over 3 million requests/second.
In this role you will build a comprehensive set of intelligent features to solve complex problems on our data platform and services at scale, with the highest possible reliability. You will drive high impact data infrastructure / pipeline, services and upgrade/migration projects from start to finish. One of the primary objectives is to automate the deployments, configuration, and recoverability of data stores to efficiently scale storage systems. Teams also take on projects to improve the client-side interaction with the data stores with analysis tools and wrapper client interfaces.
We’re looking for:
We’re looking for a talented engineering leader to help us build the vision of making database access simple, intuitive, highly performant and highly reliable for our customers and HubSpot application developers.
Bonus points for being:
- Someone with experience developing automation or is a power user of one or more of the above-mentioned data storage technologies.
- Willingness and ability to work with the user base, in this case, other developers, to define and build tools that make the lives of application developers easier and their code less error-prone through automation.
- Interested in working with and supporting infrastructure at scale.
- Someone who has shown that they can solve complicated technical problems and analyze tradeoffs with empathy for the developers, yet build creative solutions.
- Able to demonstrate pragmatic decision making and problem-solving abilities.
- A leader with a data driven mindset for solving problems
If you’re an engineering leader of any level or experience, and if this resonates with you, let’s talk.
Key Expectations for Engineering Leads:
- Engineering Leads are actively involved as a player-coach in building software and making products to solve customer problems. They are curious and involved in the technology as well as the people on their teams.
- They have a strong technical vision for how to implement the product vision. This can include working with teams they oversee and external teams to ensure that we are solving problems the best way for internal customers.
- They think about and implement ideas to push teams to improve technically.
- They work effectively across Engineering leaders in infrastructure and product to cultivate a strong product vision for their teams, and are responsible for the mission, direction, and alignment.
- They are responsible for the engineers on their team and provide mentoring, coaching, and feedback to help them grow and succeed in their role.
- They create and foster diverse teams and an inclusive culture.
Cash compensation range: 197700-270000 USD Annually
The cash compensation above includes base salary, on-target commission for employees in eligible roles, and annual bonus targets under HubSpot’s bonus plan for eligible roles. In addition to cash compensation, all HubSpotters are eligible to participate in HubSpot’s equity plan to receive restricted stock units (RSUs). Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay. Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. To learn more about what’s included in total compensation, check out some of the benefits and perks HubSpot offers to help employees grow better.
At HubSpot, fair compensation practices isn’t just about checking off the box for legal compliance. It’s about living out our value of transparency with our employees, candidates, and community.
If you need accommodations or assistance due to a disability, please reach out to us using this form. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.
Germany Applicants: (m/f/d) – link to HubSpot’s Career Diversity page here.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #2 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2022, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.