Guru is looking for an Engineering Manager to be a part of the core engineering management team. If you have a passion for inspiring teams and building products with great user experiences, we’d love to hear from you!
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we strive to continually find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
As an Engineering Manager at Guru, you will be responsible for:
- Coaching and mentoring engineers to help them achieve desired growth
- Empowering teams, coaching and supporting as needed to help achieve their goals
- Aligning teams with projects that align to company OKRs, ensuring they have line of sight on how their work contributes to company goals
- Collaborating with Product and Engineering leadership to create and communicate the vision, roadmap, and technical strategy for the Engineering team
- Monitoring project execution and delivery across all teams, identifying risks, offering solutions, and driving improvements with both engineers and other engineering managers
- Advocating for technical work/debt to be prioritized as part of the roadmapping process
- Identifying inefficiencies and driving projects to improve and/or eliminate them
- Identifying team needs, upskilling engineers, and/or recruiting new team members
- Setting policies as an engaged member of the company leadership team
- Building a culture rewarding strategic failure as well as success
- 2-5 years experience leading an engineering team
- Solid understanding of how effective, multi-functional product engineering teams work within a SaaS company
- Solid understanding of engineering methodologies, ideally having worked as a software engineer at some point in your career
- Experience leading engineering initiatives aimed at improving speed, quality, and delivery
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams
- You are business focused and consider time, budget and overall company impact in your project work
- You are a strong communicator, empathetic, self-motivated, and have a positive attitude
- You identify and solve problems with little or no guidance
- You demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to improve
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health, wellness, and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in Philadelphia, San Francisco, or Fully Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background. If you have any questions about the application process or need any accommodations, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org