Engineering Manager – U.S. Remote or Lincoln, NE
As we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform, we’re doing it alongside a group of high-performing “no excuses just results” people.
The Manager of Engineering is an essential role in ensuring engineering teams are supported and represented while being held to a high standard of developing quality product.
If you love a challenge and are eager to scale a SaaS business to the next level, this role is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing sports startup, that cares about its people and culture, has a strong brand, a great solution, and is loved by its partners.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Curating an engineering culture that is biased toward shipping while maintaining extremely high standards of quality
- Develop technical goals and produce detailed plans while focusing the team on the task(s) and determining the time, resources and working environment to meet the team’s goals
- Monitoring team’s activities to ensure quality methods are used and quality development products are shipped
- Recruiting new Opendorse engineers from all backgrounds and establishing Opendorse as THE place to be if you’re an exceptional engineer interested in solving hard problems!
- Working in partnership with product management and design to ensure we’re building the right things, in the right way, in the right priority order
- Overseeing a team of 5-12 engineers; coach and develop team members, create personal development plans to expediate career growth and maintain high performance expectations
- Being an advocate for the team while balancing objectives set by executive management
What we are looking for
- You have 1+ years of engineering leadership (Engineering Lead Experience) experience leading productive, high-functioning teams, and can describe how you enabled their productivity
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You know when and how to apply pressure to teams to meet a deadline
- You have an optimistic and positive outlook on life, and you lead by being in service to your team and their needs
- You are a lifelong learner, particularly as it relates to building a remarkable and enviable engineering team and processes
- You’re obsessed with faster time-to-market and better quality of delivery metrics
- You have experience with cloud hosting providers, specifically compute technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud )
What will set you apart
- Being high-energy with a hustle, motivation, and drive that’s contagious
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to motivate, effectively communicate and lead the team to meet their goals.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a high-growth early-stage technology startup company
- Proven to be collaborative team player across multiple functions and geographies
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to company headquarters in Lincoln, NE
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.