Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
At its core, Vericred is a technology and data company. The Vericred engineering team plays a central role in building APIs that are transforming the health insurance industry. We’re an agile team that seeks to constantly improve our skills and process. We build high quality code through TDD, pair programming, code review, static analysis and documented best practices. We ensure we’re building the right thing in collaboration with the Product team through product inceptions, architecture reviews and roadmap prioritization. We’re looking for engineers who are excited about working on hard problems and contributing to our shared culture.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Vericred is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the Director of Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Mentor engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Empower your team to achieve a high level of productivity, reliability and predictability.
- Contribute to Vericred’s engineering culture, process and best practices.
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across the company.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Own the planning and delivery of new partner integrations.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a track record of leading engineering teams that ship.
- Successfully balance manager responsibilities and individual contributor work.
- Have deep experience designing and building APIs.
- Are comfortable planning in months and quarters.
- Have excellent organizational and collaboration skills, keeping your team and key stakeholders informed and on-track.
- Are thoughtful of, and attentive to, the continued growth of your team members.
- Are an expert in Ruby.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.