FireHydrant is building the only reliability focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
About the role
FireHydrant is excited to be hiring an Engineering Manager to empower and grow a team of highly skilled engineers. Our Engineering organization is composed of product-focused multidisciplinary teams working in parallel to deliver a comprehensive reliability platform. We have teams focused on Incident Management, Integrations, Core Services (data ingestion, workflow execution platforms, etc) and Service Catalog.
The work you’ll do
- Building a product that our customers can depend upon to guide them through their toughest technical challenges. We’re answering “what’s next” for an engineer who is woken up by an alert at 2am from a system they may not be intimately familiar with.
- Your team will have a core product focus such as Integrations or Service Catalog and your job will be to guide them through personal and professional development to ensure that we’re solving our customers’ problems.
What we’re looking for
- Has demonstrated experience in leading a team to deliver reliable developer tooling, whether it was at an observability SaaS provider or leading an internal dev tools team. Can coach and grow their team to deliver on product commitments and personal development goals
- Appreciates the long-term vision of an incident response platform and how companies of all maturity levels can adopt and benefit from it
- Pushes the boundaries of software delivery practices, encourages teams to execute and learn from experiments and reduce risk by prioritizing incremental releases
What to expect
In one month, you’ll
- Inherit an existing, functional team
- Understand the FireHydrant & incident response space and technical stack of their team
- Establish a rapport with your extended team through regular 1:1s with their team members, engineering manager peers and product managers.
In three months, you’ll
- Hire and onboard new team members
- Reviewing and helping execute individual reports’ performance plans
- Leading the execution of their team’s deliverables and lead the retro process to improve results going forward
- Work with Product Managers to determine your team’s commitments for the next quarter.
In 6 months, you’ll
- Have completed a talent review process with your team
- Lead the delivery of a product roadmap item, from ideation to release
- Participate in the roadmap refinement process and create alignment on deliverables with team members
In one year, you’ll
- Have direct impact on the growth of our engineering organization through hiring fellow managers
- Become a resource throughout the organization to help other product teams become successful, grow, etc
- Build the FireHydrant brand through developer advocacy, contributing to the company blog, participating in industry roundtable discussions, give conference talks
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your fitness membership, therapy sessions. athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $190,000 or $215,000 depending on leveling.
All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.