Tackle.io enables enterprise software companies to accelerate the use of Cloud Marketplaces like AWS, Azure and Google. Our vision is to transform the way software is bought and sold with a laser focus on helping customers build and drive significant channels of revenue through the Cloud Marketplaces.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
About The Opportunity:
Engineering Managers at Tackle will be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure and Red Hat). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
Developer experience at Tackle is rewarding; we work with modern toolchains and pipelines, where code is deployed to production multiple times per day. In this role, you will take on a leadership role tasked with growing the minds and technical capabilities of our greatest assets at Tackle, our people. Working on a development team at Tackle, expect to grow and evolve as an engineer and a people leader by building and executing on a detailed growth plan tailored to your interests and aspirations.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead the day to day responsibilities of an autonomous team of 5-7 engineers, a dedicated Product Manager and UX support to build, enhance and maintain existing areas of the Tackle platform.
- Bring exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conduct 1:1s with team members focused on coaching and building career development plans.
- Interview, recruit and onboard new engineers to Tackle, welcoming them and setting them up for success.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features and enhance existing ones.
- Welcome different perspectives – be open and inclusive in every interaction.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Enable your team to deliver code that is focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Own your team’s work start to finish, celebrate their wins and help them learn from their mistakes contributing to a blameless culture.
- Promote thorough code reviews and best practices.
- Be curious – strive to understand how your team and domain impacts Tackle as a whole.
- Mentor engineers and set the standards for the next generation of Tacklers.
- Empower and unblock your team to deliver impactful features.
- Establish lightweight workflows and processes to help the team succeed.
- Foster a healthy team environment with a culture of accountability.
You Should Apply If:
- Have a track record of building and leading high performing teams who love what they do.
- Want to hold yourself and the team to high standards.
- Stay calm under pressure.
- You have strong communication skills, ask good questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Prioritize people and their development.
- Give high quality, detailed feedback that encourages growth.
- Create an environment that is inclusive with a high degree of psychological safety for your entire team.
You Will Stand Out:
- Have led a remote-first Agile team before.
- Worked with applications deployed to AWS.
- Have experience working in a rapidly scaling organization.
- Are passionate about growth and are always looking for opportunities to level up your leadership capabilities.
Great leaders can help their teams accomplish great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match to our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives because they make us better, stronger and healthier as a company and a community.
Start with the customer – We exist to help sellers sell more & sell faster, and we measure all of our decisions with our customers’ goals at the forefront.
How we embody this value:
-We celebrate when our customers celebrate
-We’re active listeners and intent observers
-We always aim to be consistent, reliable, and trustworthy
Paint the art of the possible – We continuously innovate on how we do things, always looking for a better, smoother way for our customers and for each other.
How we embody this value:
-We think big to solve problems and make our customers lives easier
-We challenge the status quo, break down barriers, and aren’t afraid to experiment or get uncomfortable
-We take calculated risks, we own our mistakes, and we support one another
Operate with integrity – We have a bias for action and we communicate both internally and externally with candor, empathy, and authenticity.
How we embody this value:
-We first seek to understand and then take thoughtful action
-We are committed to fostering inclusivity and belonging for all employees
-We’re accountable for our work and responsive to issues impacting colleagues and customers
Learn and grow together – We work as a team, we celebrate wins, and we have fun together as we strive for professional and personal growth.
How we embody this value:
-We’re curious and cognizant of emerging tools, trends, and new ways of looking at old problems
-We’re purposeful about supporting and connecting with other teams across the company
-We invest in personal wellness & professional development and we believe in aligning personal and professional passions
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
· Phone screen
· 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
Benefits of joining the Tackle Team:
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Company off-site Summits
· Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
· Internet and Phone Reimbursement
· $500 Home ergo/office set up
· Generous Vacation Plan
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company Surprises and Swag
· Awesome Co-workers
We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States.
Tackle.io is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation