At Learn In, we believe that learning is a lifelong journey and our mission is to help more people close the skills gap. We partner with companies to establish talent academies that steer all the resources that employees need to keep building skills, find higher pay and higher purpose.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager to join the team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a startup environment, is a team player, and is passionate about helping their future team of engineers do their post work. This position will report directly to our Vice President of Engineering and can be based remotely. Learn In has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a 2022 Best Workplace, and a leader in the education industry. Come work with us!
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a team of frontend, backend and QA engineers building one of our core company products
- Drive the delivery of a quality code by ensuring team follows good practices such as unit tests and automation
- Perform code reviews to ensure your team adheres to successful code patterns like SOLID on the backend and presentational components on the frontend
- Plan and execute development work alongside the engineers, including diving into the code and logic yourself from time to time
- Collaborate with Product to ensure features/changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Learn In strategy
- Work closely with designers and engineers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- Shepard your team in establishing development goals that help them grow their career
- Set goals and deadlines to ensure the team works at a sustainable yet challenging pace toward product improvement
- Stay up to date on technical developments relevant to our business
- Provide reasonable forecasts of project completion timelines and regularly update those forecasts as situations change
- Seek opportunities to continue to evolve our software development lifecycle to encourage more efficient, higher quality and more maintainable development
- You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning, talent building, and upskilling
What it takes:
- You were previously a highly effective backend, frontend or full-stack developer
- You have experience working with statically typed languages in a backend framework or you have experience building complex React applications
- 1-3 years of experience as an engineering manager or 3+ years of experience as a hands on team lead
- Experience architecting new systems and improving existing ones
- Possess effective communication and collaboration skills
- Solution driven with the ability to understand the big picture
- You are enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work effectively in a low meeting culture
- Experience working remotely
Benefits of working at Learn In
- Unlimited paid time off
- Fully distributed team, in 17 states and counting
- Competitive compensation and healthcare, we fully cover employee premiums
- Work with a proven team of experienced engineering professionals and leaders with experience taking a company to unicorn status
- Fast moving start-up, with lots of potential for career growth
- Be a part of a team that reflects the world around us bringing diverse viewpoints, experience, and insights
About Learn In
Learn In helps companies establish talent academies that steer all the resources needed for building an always-skilled workforce. HR, Talent and L&D leaders use Learn In to modernize access to learning budgets and world-class programs, and to simplify the delivery of custom programs to employee groups. Learn In’s core features include a tuition benefits manager, a prepaid learning stipend card, a world-class program marketplace and custom program builder, and dedicated coaching. Now every employee can build deeper skills precisely aligned to company needs.
Co-founded by the founders of Degreed, Learn In is backed by leading edtech & future-of-work investors, including Firework Ventures, Kickstart, GSV, Album, and Village Global, and has been covered in CNBC, USA Today, EdTechReview, EdSurge, Fast Company, and Techcrunch.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.