BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Rose’s Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. This role will be instrumental in building new applications, solving complex problems, and contributing high-quality code. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python, Celery, Redis, Postgres, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Manage 2-4 engineers building features, tools, and infrastructure.
- Lead successful development and delivery of team projects and operations
- Mentor direct reports, provide performance feedback and help them develop their careers.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other teams to set the teams roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- Partner with engineering leadership to help determine engineering team strategy, tackle team-wide inefficiencies.
- Contribute in a hands-on manner writing code and reviewing code written by members of the engineering team
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 5+ years of experience writing production code
- 3+ years of tech leadership
- Experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
- Hands-on coding experience developing scalable web applications.
- Proficient at project management; can make the right tradeoffs to ship projects on time with high quality.
- Experience mentoring individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise (frontend/backend).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) – BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why you’re interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples you’d like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical phone screen with our VP of Engineering.
- Candidates who pass the exercise will be invited to meet with our CTO, an Engineering Manager and a couple engineers.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.