Altruist is a hyper-growth fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better, more accessible, and affordable. Our team is building a revolutionary platform that reduces barriers to entry into wealth creation and management for financial advisors and their clients. Using Altruist, advisors can work more efficiently and reduce costs, enabling them to help more people.
If you’re passionate about your craft and are looking for big, meaningful problems to solve, then you’ll love what we’re doing. At Altruist, you’ll have the opportunity to do exciting work on products ranging from complex enterprise business software to a beautiful consumer app experience and user acquisition platform.
At Altruist, we are working hard to change the financial world and looking for a motivated, dynamic leader to build and grow our Accounts team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the team that builds and supports our Accounts software. You will be responsible for building a product that beats the best-in-class offering available in the market; speed and reliability of account opening processes are critical to ensure our advisors are best able to service their clients. As an Engineering Manager, you will work very closely with product and other cross-functional teams to prioritize and deliver product requirements. You will also be responsible for supporting SLAs related to the account opening process. We want this team to continue to drive the growth of our product and organization; every client who comes onto our brokerage platform comes through this team.
What You’ll Do
- Build and grow the Engineering team by hiring and retaining the best talent
- Coaching and mentoring the team to foster a culture of kindness, brilliance, and grit
- Implement enhancements to existing architecture
- Drive technical maturity within the Accounts microservices and work with other teams to do the same.
- Partner with Product Manager to curate and maintain the product backlog and continue to deliver the best experience for opening accounts within the industry
- Take ownership of the projects from design to delivery and ensure high-quality work
- Provide support for any production issues meeting or exceeding SLAs
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Proven track record of building and maintaining successful teams
- A good understanding of distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals
- Experience building Cloud-native applications
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience working with Java and Spring ecosystems and microservices
- Experience working with at least one of popular SQL/NoSQL data storage like Postgres, DynamoDb, etc.
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development, Jira, Git, testing, and maintaining production code
- Result-oriented, highly organized, responsive, analytical, and process-oriented
- Proven track record of operating complex systems at scale
What You’ll Get
At Altruist, you’ll partner with a talented group of creators working relentlessly to disrupt an antiquated system primed for radical change. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth professionals at the forefront of their disciplines and the opportunity to make a real impact through your contributions. As an early team member at a game-changing, growing company, you’ll have a significant influence on how we deliver on our mission.
Altruist believes the best work comes from a happy team who’s continually encouraged to grow and develop their expertise.
We take pride in our culture, built on a foundation of mutual respect and transparency, and rooted in our three core values:
Kindness: The equal and kind treatment of all is of foremost importance to us, and we continually strive to bring diversity in thought and background to our team to strengthen our company.
Brilliance: Constantly striving to better your craft and broaden your boundaries through consistent learning and growth.
Grit: Our team is driven, has a bias towards action, and an insatiable appetite for getting things done to bring us closer to realizing our mission.