We are looking for an Engineering Manager to grow and run Customer Engagement teams within the Customer Intelligence and Front of House organization.
We want people who have solid technical leadership skills especially with scaling distributed systems and who are passionate about building and growing high performing engineering teams working on core backend services, data integrity, and our Customer Data Platform (CDP), Marketing Automation, and Sentiment product areas.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Engineering Manager, Customer Engagement will be responsible for building and growing teams within Customer Engagement. The Customer Engagement team creates a robust collection of integrations and resolution technology to understand who is interacting with the restaurant, what they’re doing, and their current and future value potential. They ultimately are the enablers of the value added applications. Customer Engagement is responsible for CRM, CDP, Guest Profile, API, Integrations, Data Integrity, Marketing Automation, and Sentiment. There is a tremendous opportunity to impact our products and revenue by scaling CDP with this team.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize with other leaders and stakeholders on your team’s quarterly roadmap
- Lead the team towards executing against the planned roadmap while removing impediments to the team’s progress
- Driving technical roadmap conversations and decisions around data integrity, CLV, CDP, CRM as we scale rapidly for our clients
- Communicate with Product, executive stakeholders, and the greater Engineering team on roadmap progress, track metrics, and achieve results
- Communicate with third party partners, clients, and integration partners for integrations on the Platform team’s roadmap
- Hire great talent and strategically grow your team while also developing tech leads and team leads
- Support the team. Develop your staff through 1:1s, coaching, mentoring, and targeted growth plans.
What We’ll Expect From You
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Ability to dive deep into different system architecture conversations and decisions
- Experience with writing and collaborating on roadmaps including product features and engineering improvements
- Experience with managing highly technical teams
- Experience with hiring and growing individuals on your team
- Experience with driving your team to deliver on roadmap consistently
- Experience with communicating with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with performance management and driving your team to delivery on the roadmap
- Experience with managing remote teams
- Empathy and concern for team and individual outcomes
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Node.js, Postgres, and AWS
- Experience running teams that have built CDP or CRM
- Experience running teams that own data integrity
Customer Intelligence & FOH organization’s Tech Stack
- Frameworks: Vue, Node
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Deployment: Kubernetes, Helm
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. Millions of orders per day run on Olo’s enterprise SaaS engine, enabling brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations. The Olo platform provides the infrastructure to capture demand and manage consumer orders from every channel. With integrations to over 100 technology partners, Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. Over 500 restaurant brands use Olo to grow digital sales, maximize profitability, and preserve direct consumer relationships. Learn more at olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!