At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
We are looking for a few Engineering Managers to join our Edge Infrastructure team!
The Infrastructure teams are working on projects that support the Vercel platform such as, caching and global data replication and low latency streaming. In addition, you will be utilizing our edge network to enable bidirectional device-to-cloud communication. This growing team is essential to allowing Vercel to scale in the years to come.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and mentor a team that is experiencing hyper growth of revenue and traffic
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through one-on-one’s and team meetings.
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout Vercel — moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- You can keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple projects.
- Build rapport with each member of the Engineering Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Collaborate across various disciplines to help set technical roadmaps that will achieve business goals through engineering best practices
- Strong hands-on technical background and you are a skilled engineering leader with 3+ years leading/managing engineering teams.
- You have a strong background in our stack (Networking Ingress/Egress, TCP/IP, HTTP, TypeScript, AWS, Node.js, Terraform, Go, Kubernetes).
- You’re adaptable. You’ve worked for fast-growing companies and know-how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- You’re motivated by building effective engineering teams and are happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code when needed.
- Experience shipping and operating crucial products and infrastructure
- You are located in the Americas
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.