What You’ll Do:
As an Engineering Manager at Bigleaf, you will support a team of front-end engineers and associated front end development projects. As we continue to build the engineering org, you’ll help identify staffing needs and recruit the right folks to fill those roles. You’ll collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and back-end teams to define and build the next generation of the Bigleaf user experience. You and your team will improve the experience of Bigleaf end users, Bigleaf partners, and other internal Bigleaf teams.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
- Support a team of front-end engineers, through servant-leadership, coaching, mentoring, and career development; growing a new set of technical leaders at Bigleaf. Identify staffing needs and recruit to fill those roles
- Drive, track, and communicate progress on engineering projects. Proactively identify and resolve hurdles before they become blockers to your team or other projects
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, including Product Management, UX, Support, other engineering teams, etc., to define new customer-facing features, dashboards, branding, etc. Balance this long-term vision against short-term realities + technical debt
- Take ownership and accountability for the delivery and technical health of the team. Set and support a high bar for results and hold the team accountable for execution
- Proactively identify and exploit opportunities to enable the team to move faster and more confidently
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of experience as a hands on Front End Engineer. Experience with modern front – end tools, including React, GraphQL, Cypress, etc. Knowledge of best practices, how and where to best apply these tools, etc.
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team of 3-4 engineers, including hiring, coaching, performance feedback, career development, etc.
- Experience leading and managing a distributed team. We’re a remote-first company and have engineers working remotely already
- Experience with both API design and integration of third-party APIs
- Experience with networking and network protocols is helpful but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly be improving by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We’re building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications for this role.