Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
Etsy is looking for an Engineering Manager to join its new Issue Resolutions team. This role is remote-friendly within the US & Canada.
You will be leading a squad on the support product engineering team whose goal is to provide the easiest way for buyers to take care of order issues. Engineering managers closely collaborate with their Design and Product partners, providing mentorship on engineering concerns such as resilience and maintainability while supporting the career growth of each engineer on the team. You’ll also help the team to plan, collaborate, and communicate with excellence, and to nurture a healthy team culture.
About the Role
- Lead teams to build great products. Engineering managers at Etsy play a small part in the hands-on process of building software, but a very large part in orchestrating engineers to achieve great results
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and drive change on behalf of your team
- Partner cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and analytics to ensure that your team is delivering value for our users
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team
- You are a proven team-builder that can help create an environment of safe, open communication between team members
- You facilitate technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, but a desire to let engineers drive the details
- You apply process judiciously to amplify your team’s work and effectively deliver great solutions
- You thrive in a deeply collaborative environment where you partner with other cross-disciplinary leaders to achieve great results
- You make data driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.