Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education – Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s salaries are competitive and transparent. Here’s a look at our pay bands based on different roles.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Salary Band: $195,750 – $220,550/year
Merit is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to lead our rapidly growing Merit Solutions engineering group. As the lead Engineering Manager, you will build and lead teams of managers and engineers delivering applications to be used by individuals and organizations, on our data-first Merit platform. You will collaborate with product owners and architects to manage product roadmaps and ensure timely delivery of features.
The Merit Solutions group is responsible for a wide gamut of applications, from point solutions in low code tools to high quality, strategically vital applications written in a modern and polished tech stack based on TypeScript/NodeJS/React Native for Web.
We run on Google Cloud Platform and use Postgres, AppEngine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Tasks and other GCP tooling.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role.
- Product Development:
- Work with the Product Owners to understand and influence the roadmap for applications to be used by individuals and organizations.
- Flawlessly execute on the roadmap and hit all the promised delivery dates and ensure continuous delivery of features and bug fixes to production.
- Drive planning and distill product roadmap into actionable tasks for engineers.
- Place-heavy emphasis on design, testing and code reviews and balance high quality with high throughput.
- Actively participate in design, architecture and code reviews.
- Team Management:
- Keep the team motivated by providing challenging work, clarity in direction, career management and mentorship, and conducting regular 1:1 meetings.
- Ensure that the team is operating at peak performance without burnout and encourage positive work-life balance.
- Create and maintain a healthy candidate pipeline by working with our internal recruiting team and raise the bar with every new hire.
- Process Management:
- Establish and tailor processes specifically for different teams, projects and business goals.
- Establish healthy feedback loops to continuously improve our processes.
- Constantly track and measure various metrics to meaningfully improve velocity and quality.
- 4+ years in management roles, responsible for multiple teams and product roadmaps.
- Experience in managing teams of both full time and contract employees.
- Experience in building high quality applications that are delivered on both Web and Mobile devices.
- Experience in managing teams that build both B2C and B2B applications is a big plus.
- Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation to enable the rapid delivery of working code.
- Balance technical leadership with strong business judgment.
- Strongly opinionated but respectful and collaborative; self-motivated and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.