Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Do you love mobile development? Are you passionate about creating performant, efficient, and sophisticated mobile application experiences? Do you enjoy coaching and mentoring engineers of all levels? Upwork is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our Mobile Application teams!
As an Engineering Manager, you will have a huge impact on improving the user experience and quality of our mobile applications, a key element of Upwork’s platform! Please come with a passion for excellent engineering practices, knowledge of mobile development ecosystems, mobile paradigms, accessibility, and mobile release management. Use your knowledge to coach and grow our mobile team.
- Guide development teams’ pipelines with advanced knowledge of system flow and development standards for coding, testing, debugging and implementation.
- Work in small to medium, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, with a passion for building an innovative culture.
- Stay on top of emerging technologies, constantly evaluating and recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage within the tech stack.
- Use modern Agile principles to execute with efficiency.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish our business goals.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Proven experience developing and deploying mobile applications, with a proven track record of shipping applications to market.
- Experience managing small/medium scale engineering teams.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Total commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Mobile Application Design, Development, Security, Deployment, Monitoring, and Crashlytics analysis.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Tools and Continuous Integration Tools.
- Deep experience in Android and/or iOS low level architectures (DDMS/LLVM).
- Skilled at collaborating and comfortable navigating at any level of the organization.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, st