At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
At Streamable, we’re building the future of video streaming. We make video hosting easy and accessible for everyone.
Streamable (https://streamable.com) is an internet video streaming company that powers innovative video experiences for creators and businesses around the world. Over 5,000 customers in 100+ countries trust Streamable to host and share their video content.
We’re building video products at Streamable that are simple and easy-to-use for everyone. Streamable is perfect whether you’re just getting started with video hosting or if you have advanced video editing needs. You can upload, crop, trim, and share videos — all without leaving your browser. We’ve recently been acquired by Hopin, the world’s number one virtual events platform!
Streamable is seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a fast growing software engineering team. Your leadership will be crucial in scaling the Streamable product and team. We’re looking for someone who loves working with teams and shipping features that millions of users interact with every day.
- Be highly technical and an effective people manager
- Hiring, growing and retaining engineers for the Streamable team
- Mentoring and coaching a geographically distributed group of engineers
- Driving engineering initiatives and owning product quality
- Act as point person for the Streamable engineering team
- Ensure a high-quality user experience for Streamable users
- At least 5+ years experience in software development, preferably with 2+ years managing a team
- Ability to promote team collaboration
- Nice-to-have: knowledge in Python and React
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new skills
- Great communication skills in remote environment
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.