Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
To achieve our mission, we’re looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. Specifically, we are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a background selling technical solutions into large accounts to join our growing team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. We are looking for motivated, hardworking Account Executives who can sell a technical product with integrity and conviction. We’re still a young team, so each member plays an integral role in building the foundation of our future sales organization. Your primary role will be to drive revenue growth, and to be on the main lines of evangelizing our platform to engineering organizations everywhere, across all verticals. Despite our success thus far, in many ways we are just getting started – this role is an amazing opportunity for an experienced enterprise sales professional to make a massive impact quickly.
Sound like a match? We want to hear from you!
Why this job is exciting
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you will have more responsibility, upside, and growth potential than anywhere else otherwise comparable. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:
Within one month, you will…
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the Sourcegraph team, understand your quota, and delve into your territory.
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them.
- Meet key partners in Customer Engineering, Product, Legal and Engineering teams – they will be key relationships for you throughout your deal cycle.
Within three months, you will…
- Understand the superpowers that Sourcegraph provides a development organization, and create compelling strategies to align Sourcegraph value to your prospect’s goals, needs, and objectives.
- Be a product expert and feel comfortable demoing and closing your first deal.
- Identify champions, influencers, and key stakeholders in the decision process, and build trusted advisor relationships with them to help bring more engineering organizations onto the Sourcegraph platform.
- Leverage a consistent sales process to continuously build and move pipeline forward (while regularly and accurately capturing updates and pipeline forecasts).
- Develop and negotiate complex enterprise level proposals and contracts.
- Work with our product team to be the voice of the customer and bring market insights to our roadmap.
- Consistently achieve your activity goals.
Within six months, you will…
- Handle the full sales cycle to consistently meet and exceed pipeline and revenue objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Engineering, Product, Legal and Engineering to successfully drive technically unique or complex Enterprise deals forward to completion.
- Deliver customer feedback to our teammates, including our engineers (who are the most customer-driven engineers you’ll ever see–they care about making customers happy and closing deals!).
Within one year, you will…
- Be considered a top-performing Account Executive on the team by consistently exceeding your goals.
- Set an example for new Account Executives, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new Teammates.
You are a results-oriented, motivated, and strategic ‘hunter’ who shares our values and has a passion for all things sales and is laser-focused on generating new greenfield business. Specifically, you will play a pivotal role in helping us achieve our goals by winning high visibility deals and crushing your annual quota.
- 5+ years enterprise technical sales experience, SaaS preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas, while leading with empathy
- Experience selling products with ASP >= $100k
- Stellar interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, across all levels and personas (be it with a developer, a CTO, another salesperson, or anyone in-between)
- Passionate about our mission and the potential for developers to improve the world
Nice to haves:
- Selling developer products and working closely with developers
- Proficiency with software development concepts
- Converting freemium or trial usage to large commercial contracts
- Experience with complex multi-year contracts
- Proficiency with security, licensing, and compliance requirements
- You apply.
- [30 min] Recruiter screen.
- [30 min] Hiring Manager video screen with VP Sales West, Greg Bastis.
- [1 hour] Deep dive of your resume with VP Sales West & VP Talent.
- [1 hour] Presentation to Enterprise AEs & VP Sales West.
- [30 min] Technical Product Review with a member of our Customer Engineering team.
- [30 min] Values Interview.
- [30 min] Department head interview with Gregg Stone, VP of Sales.
- Any other informal conversations with people who you would be working closely with but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We check references & make an offer
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements. We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.