NerdWallet is seeking a strong Executive Admin that can help make an impact with our Product, Engineering, Data, and Design organization (PEDD), specifically supporting the VP of Product and the VP of Design. You will work closely with the EA to the VP of Engineering and Program Management team to efficiently manage and execute org-wide initiatives (OKRs, roadmaps, annual planning, etc.).
You will assume a wide range of day-to-day responsibilities, all of which require coordination, prioritization, and excellent administrative support. Using your exceptional communication skills and multitasking abilities, you’ll effectively manage the executives’ time and make the executives as efficient as possible.
Where you can make an impact:
- Right-hand partner to the VP of Product and the VP of Design.
- Pseudo project manager for the Product, Design, and Engineering organizations by executing operational and administrative goals.
- Assist executive(s) by attending important meetings, taking notes, being an active participant and knowledgeable resource while ensuring executive preparation and effectiveness. Balance multiple priorities while identifying gaps and taking ownership of projects.
- Lead the weekly org operational meeting, setting agendas, taking notes, delegating action items, and following up to close the loop.
- Help with onboarding of new team members and keep documentation up to date.
- Develop an understanding of the team and prioritize requests from all stakeholders.
- Find new and efficient ways to create/improve work processes to help maximize your executives’ time, including weekly reporting, goal-tracking, and team meetings.
- Demonstrate composure and flexibility, regardless of competing priorities.
- Plan and facilitate team events, including off-sites (virtual and in-person), happy hours, and celebrations.
- Work closely with the Recruiting team to schedule and facilitate interview schedules for executives & the team.
- Adapt to new “remote-work” policies and procedures. Be connective tissue to the team and the exec in this new working environment.
- Act as a culture carrier for NerdWallet overall.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Energetic, dependable, and detail-oriented.
- A passion for bringing order to chaos and thriving in a service-oriented role helps your team, your executive, and the company operate more effectively.
- Always thinking about the “why” behind the ask and digging for context to help close information gaps.
- Always connecting the dots to the bigger picture and helping other Nerds along the way by partnering with your executive.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-5 years of experience supporting an executive and their organization preferred.
- Experience working at a start-up or rapidly-growing company preferred.
- Enthusiasm, adaptability, and a can-do attitude.
- Strong computer skills (Google Calendar, Google Drive, Confluence).
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills: we’re looking for someone who can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Hospitality mindset and customer service orientation.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.