We are a very profitable and growing healthcare startup – a team of around 140 helping people find, enroll in, and use high-quality health coverage. We’ve doubled in each of the past three years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 10 million people enroll in health coverage. We’re a values-driven team that advocates for and cares about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively help millions of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
As the executive assistant supporting both the CEO and VP of Sales and Distribution at HealthSherpa, you will have a crucial role in our mission to bring healthcare to all Americans while simultaneously defining an EA’s reach across the company. You will have a broad impact across the entire organization by ensuring that the CEO and VP of Sales and Distribution are focusing on the most important things. You will align your two executives both internally and externally, providing them with the administrative support they need to lead more effectively.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys streamlining hectic days and succeeds in the face of limited resources. We value someone who is highly organized, adaptable, pleasantly pushy, and can ruthlessly prioritize. You will report to the CEO and eventually the Chief of Staff. This role is remote-friendly with a preference for candidates who live in or near Sacramento.
- Sort through the minutiae because you understand that the whole is composed of many, many small details, but you also recognize that the parts are worthless if the goal is unmet
- Provide efficiency and efficacy afforded by keyboard shortcuts, templates, and repeatable processes
- Solve the puzzle of executive calendars and take pleasure in finding ways to free up time for your executives, and do it all with a cheerful and calm presence
- Be the necessary holder of sensitive information and excel in your role as an information relay for your executive
- At least three years of experience supporting a C-suite executive
- Experience managing a high-volume workload
- Experience handling confidential information discreetly
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools and spreadsheets
- Experience coordinating complex schedules and logistics across multiple time zones
What We Offer
- Remote-first company
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery stipend and home internet reimbursement
- 401K w/ a match after a grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to paid holidays
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa.