We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you known not just as an Executive Assistant, but as someone who gets things done, already knows what’s needed, and who is always two steps ahead of the people you support? Have you supported a tech company through hypergrowth and loved the excitement of it? Can you balance different projects while finding tactics to make yourself and others more efficient? You’ve built a reputation for being the go-to person when something needs fixing—if you don’t know the answer, you know how to find it. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Executive Assistant to the CFO at Thinkific, you’ll be the right hand to our CFO, Corinne. As our company continues to grow and scale, you won’t just be an administrator—you’ll be a business partner, and you already have the experience to jump right into that role. You’ll manage responsibilities in areas like daily communications and logistics, project manage our earnings cycle, support key initiatives directly and indirectly by drafting documents and presentations, taking a first shot at tasks, and often simply saying “I’ve got this”. At the same time, you’ll constantly identify opportunities to improve efficiency and make everything run a little bit smoother. Bringing your get-it-done attitude and experience executing high value projects to the table, you’ll support and execute cross-company initiatives and work with a wide range of stakeholders, giving you broad exposure across the business.
As this role will be working closely with and supporting Corinne daily, we’re looking for someone in Western Canada area to have enough overlapping hours.
In this role, you will:
- Provide daily tactical support for our CFO, Corinne, making sure she knows not just what meetings she has that day, but also who she is chatting with and what they talked about before. You’ll handle coordination and project managing the projects behind Corinne’s takeaways and action items, prepare reports, and write communications—all without being asked
- Put your previous experience in a public SaaS, tech, or hypergrowth companies to navigate our fast-growing company and evolving business needs
- Expand Corinne’s strategic capacity—using your deep understanding of company and goals, you’ll always be a few steps ahead of the curve and ensure Corinne’s time is being spent on the highest priority needs. You’ll make sure you’re aligned so that commitments don’t get dropped, relationships are built and strengthened, and capacity is increased with ease
- Put your exceptional communication skills to use by managing our CFO’s calls and messages, preparing for meetings, and responding to requests from a range of stakeholders, ensuring that everyone has the key information they need
- Execute on your own initiatives and objectives—collaborating on events, activities and team ceremonies for the Finance and Legal functions
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have experience supporting executive leadership in a publicly traded company
- Possess 3-5 years of professional experience with a history of growth and advancement while working closely to support stakeholders and executives.
- Have worked and thrived in a fast-paced environment—you’ve likely worked at a large SaaS or tech company before and loved the challenge!
- Combine your business expertise and impeccable communication skills—you can confidently navigate interactions with a wide range of stakeholders, whether that’s through emails, a report, or even an unscheduled phone call
- Have outstanding project management skills and be able to identify new tools and tech to make you more efficient. You know what needs to be done and when, know Google Calendar and Asana like the back of your hand, and make sure each stakeholder is well-informed along the way
- Approach your work with ownership and a hands-on mentality—you’re comfortable with working on strategic projects and with managing emails and meeting requests
- Skillfully and tactfully manage expectations—you’re not afraid to passionately debate and are comfortable saying “no” when you need to
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Be eager to learn and grow—you likely hold a Bachelor’s in business or communications or have significant professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Are independent and a self-starter. You don’t need a blueprint to get started on a project and when you come across a question you don’t know the answer to, you work to find the answers for yourself
- Expertly turn ideas and strategies into plans of action and then implement them. You’re known as someone who can be trusted to get things done at an exceptional level of quality
- Can quickly build strong relationships to become a trusted advisor to the leadership team, know how to get buy in from stakeholders, and quickly build influence across the entire business
- Possess knowledge of a finance department, the nuances of a public company and able to “talk the talk” with accountants
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in a quickly growing, fast-paced environment—you may have been part of a startup previously and saw it as an exciting challenge
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!