We are looking for a full-time Executive Assistant to support our CEO as we grow.
You’ll manage his day-to-day administrative and operational needs, while also contributing significantly to initiatives that drive the company’s strategic priorities. You are highly organized, extremely self-starting, bring emotional maturity, operate at all levels of resolution—from large complex problems to taking care of all the details—and you get things done in a fraction of the time most reasonable people expect is possible. You want to be part of something big.
ClassDojo serves 51 million children today, with a tiny team of 65. We are even tinier relative to the opportunity ahead to build the future of education. We have a staggering amount of work ahead to give every child on Earth an education they love. This means you have an unprecedented opportunity to make an impact, while also doing some of the most rewarding work of your life.
- Strategically calendar and make recommendations for the CEO with regard to his time management, energy maximization, prioritization, delegation, and organization.
- Manage the CEO’s communication, including responding to email on the CEO’s behalf.
- Serve as a conduit between your CEO, the leadership team and cross-functionally throughout the organization. Increase alignment and speed of execution by providing feedback and insights to both sides.
- Provide support for the CEO to optimize his teams and direct reports.
- Track, manage and complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach in order to facilitate the CEO’s ability to focus on top priorities.
- Contribute to team meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Partner with the CEO to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets. Jump in to project manage as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization throughout team and company processes.
- Establish new—and improve existing—administrative systems and processes.
- Own and manage ad hoc projects, events and travel arrangements as needed.
You might be a good fit if:
- You interact easily with all levels of the team from CEOs to investors in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- You are incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute.
- You communicate, perform, and react well under pressure or ambiguity. You have good judgment, know when to escalate and when to own, and are able to quickly and gracefully shift priorities as needed.
- You have strong project management experience with a track record of driving things to completion.
- You are adept at handling confidential information and sensitive situations with discretion, care and confidence.
- You enjoy optimizing processes to make them more efficient.
- You have emotional intelligence and an ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
- You are able to anticipate and respond to the needs of others before they arise.
- You would describe yourself as meticulous, patient, hardworking, reliable, tenacious, and an independent self-starter.
- You have an extreme growth mindset, driven by intense intellectual curiosity.
- You work fast, but not at the cost of accuracy.
- You write and speak clearly and concisely.
- You are accessible to work outside of regular business hours.
You should have:
- 5-7 years of administrative experience supporting executive staff, or relevant operational experience, at a quickly-scaling or 100 person+ company.
- Experience in a high-growth technology startup is ideal
The job can be done remotely, but the ideal candidate lives in the Bay Area to assist with on-site needs.
A Y Combinator/Imagine K12 company, ClassDojo’s long-term goal is to give every child on Earth an education they love. The ClassDojo app is the #1 communication app for micro-communities of K-8 teachers, children and families globally; they use it to stay connected, sharing what’s happening through the school day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. The company is now helping kids get learning experiences they love, beyond school. Today, ClassDojo is used by 95% of pre K-8 schools in the US, as well as in a further 180 countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of talented, motivated, intense and interesting people from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that is pioneering the future of education, and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco, and distributed teammates around the world.
If you’re interested in pioneering the future of education at massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.