Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child, bringing extraordinary behavioral health care to children and families.
We’re in the middle of a behavioral health crisis that we can’t ignore—especially not when it comes to our children. 1 in every 5 children has a behavioral health condition, yet up to 80% still get little or no help. Far too many families face insurmountable barriers when their child really needs help, and parents are too often left feeling alone and without the support they need. We can do so much better. That’s why we’re here!
Brightline is convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience to families. And we’re all here to help children and families thrive.
About the Role
We are looking for a tenured Executive Assistant to our Chief Executive Officer. Our CEO is a fast-paced serial entrepreneur and energetic leader who values true partnership with their team and EA.
- Overseeing the CEO’s day-to-day activities with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Maintaining CEO’s agenda and notes for meetings, conference calls
- Interfacing with all levels of the organization, including board members, investors, and press
- Coordinating the CEO’s travel and expenses
- Preparing slide decks, powerpoint presentations, and general business communication
- Building and managing a contact relationship management tracker for the CEO’s connection with peers and leaders in the industry
- Partnering closely with marketing to manage the CEO’s industry speaking and press events and help ensure readiness for outside events
- Partnering closely with the CEO to prioritize meetings and events 2-3 weeks in advance on the CEO’s schedule
- Coordinating closely with EAs of other executive relationships (board members, advisors, customers)
Your Background should include, at a minimum:
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative support role at a senior executive level
- Self-starter with ability to perform multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and keep detailed lists of action items to match a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Experience working across time zones with key constituents (clients, board members, executives)
Beyond an awesome skill set, you will thrive at Brightline if you have/are:
- A passion for our mission to reinvent behavioral health care for children and their families
- The desire to work collaboratively with a tight-knit but quickly growing team across many different areas of the business
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and excitement for working in a fast-paced startup—with a team that also prioritizes balance and vacation time 🙂
- A structured and highly articulate verbal and written communication style
- Thoughtful about when and how to engage others and escalate concerns/needs
- Alignment with our cultural values
- You’re excited by being part of a rapidly growing team and administrative function
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, and while we have many remote employees, we would prefer to have this role headquartered in the Bay Area.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.
This role requires a cover letter and resume. Applicants who apply without a cover letter will not be considered. Thanks for your interest and understanding.