Do you love crossing things off your to-do list and helping others do the same? Are your organizational skills and eye for detail second-to-none? Can you balance different projects while finding tactics to make yourself and others more efficient? You’ve built a reputation for being the go-to person when something needs fixing—if you don’t know the answer, you know how to find it. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Executive Business Partner at Thinkific, you’ll play a key role and be the right hand to our CEO, Greg. As our company continues to grow and scale, you will be integral in managing responsibilities in areas like daily communications and logistics, working with Thinkific’s leadership team, supporting strategic planning, and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency. Bringing your get-it-done attitude and experience executing high value projects to the table, you’ll support and execute cross-company initiatives and work with a wide range of stakeholders, giving you broad exposure across the business. You may have your sights set on an executive role in your future, and you’ll take this as an opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a fast-growing organization.
In this role, you will:
- Be a strategic partner to the leadership team. You can be relied on to provide support to expand capacity, share valuable insights, and own and execute on initiatives
- Expanding the strategic capacity of our CEO—using your deep understanding of business needs and goals, you’ll always be a few steps ahead of the curve and ensure Greg’s time is being spent on the highest priority needs
- Put your exceptional communication skills to use by managing our CEO’s calls and messages, preparing for meetings, and responding to requests from a range of stakeholders, ensuring that everyone has the key information they need
- Execute on your own initiatives and objectives across the business—collaborating on and supporting key priorities, tracking and executing to-dos, and reporting on impact and success
- Take ownership of special projects. You’ll have the chance to identify opportunities and drive new strategic business initiatives forward—from projects focusing on operations and logistics to leadership development and international growth
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be eager to learn and grow—you likely hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or communications or have significant professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have 3-5 years of professional experience with a history of growth and advancement while working closely to support stakeholders and executives
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment—you’ve likely worked at a startup before and loved the challenge!
- Combine your business expertise and impeccable communication skills—you can confidently navigate interactions with a wide range of stakeholders, whether that’s through emails, a report, or even an unscheduled phone call
- Have outstanding project management skills and be able to identify new tools and tech to make you more efficient. You know what needs to be done and when, know Google Calendar and Asana like the back of your hand, and make sure each stakeholder is well-informed along the way
- Approach your work with ownership and a hands-on mentality—you’re comfortable with working on strategic projects and with managing emails and meeting requests
- Skillfully and tactfully manage expectations—you’re not afraid to passionately debate and are comfortable saying “no” when you need to
- Demonstrate strong data acumen—you can crunch data in your sleep, navigate Excel with your eyes closed, and (more importantly!) can derive valuable, relevant, and actionable insights that drive clear business decisions
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are independent and a self-starter. You don’t need a blueprint to get started on a project and when you come across a question you don’t know the answer to, you work to find the answers for yourself
- Consider yourself highly adaptable. You can take on new projects in different areas of the business and work to develop a clear understanding of things that may be new to you
- Expertly turn ideas and strategies into plans of action and then implement them. You’re known as someone who can be trusted to get things done at an exceptional level of quality
- Can quickly build strong relationships to become a trusted advisor to the leadership team, know how to get buy in from stakeholders, and quickly build influence across the entire business
- Are familiar with Radical Candor and are on board with this approach to delivering feedback
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit. You may have started your own venture previously, have an idea for your own startup, or aspire to lead a company in the future
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience working in a quickly growing, fast-paced environment—you may have been part of a startup previously and saw it as an exciting challenge
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!