Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Executive Producer to oversee our podcasts!
Why it Matters: The Executive Producer will steer the editorial content, lead production teams, and grow the audience base for our new and existing podcasts.
Go Deeper: This role carries the following responsibilities:
- Help drive the editorial direction of our podcasts by participating in all show development and pitch meetings.
- Work closely with editorial leadership and growth marketing teams to keep Axios on the leading edge of content production and audience growth.
- Lead podcast production team and help adapt the workflow process to suit the needs of individual shows. Meet regularly with hosts and team leaders to ensure the process is working for all involved.
- Bring vision for how Axios could expand into the podcast space given journalistic strengths and audience growth opportunities.
- Lead kick-off meetings for each show and participate in ongoing production meetings, table reads, and other milestone meetings.
- Work with finance and operations to develop show budgets that accurately reflect the needs of various types of show production.
- Work closely with the Executive Editor to create ideas that accurately represent Axios’ mission and help create an innovative show line up.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 8+ yrs experience in audio storytelling with 2+ years developing, launching and leading production on a successful podcast or radio program
- Experience leading teams and managing producers, with a priority on setting up structure and communicating a broader vision that allows your team to do their best work
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent and ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple day-to-day productions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong journalistic judgement and integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the digital media landscape + avid podcast consumer
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual benefit to go towards individuals’ learning and development
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.