We are currently searching for an experienced producer to help tell GitHub’s brand and product story through film. This newly created role will be responsible for GitHub’s video content strategy and developing world class video content that authentically resonates with both software developers and enterprise customers. The successful candidate will have experience conceptualizing, writing and producing compelling film, video, and motion graphic stories for brand campaigns, events, product launches, internal programming, and more.
While a deep understanding and empathy with software developers is essential, our goal is to be entertaining, challenge norms and create surprising and delightful content (see CEO Nat Friedman’s 15-minute keynote from Universe as an example).
The executive producer will report to the VP of Corporate Marketing and determine how best to build an internal team from the ground-up, and/or to utilize a network of external vendors and agencies. You will collaborate closely with our events, broadcast, brand and design teams as well as marketing and company leadership to successfully tell a variety of stories and drive results.
- Develop an ownable and authentic tone for GitHub video content including product videos, keynotes, social video content, GTM programs, internal LT videos, and more
- Build a macro strategy for GitHub video content that influences release schedules, content, distribution platform, and messaging to ensure fresh, innovative and always surprising content
- Grow an internal team and/or manage a virtual team of contractors and agencies to create best-in-class video content
- Collaborate with GitHub product, revenue, marketing and event leadership to translate key messages, value propositions and CTAs into clear, compelling and on-brand video content that resonates with our customers
- Write or oversee the the story and script development for marquee video content that meets objectives across distribution platforms (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Live or Virtual events, etc)
- Oversee the development and management of video production and campaign timelines, budgets, project deliverables, and resourcing needs
- Oversee all aspects of production to ensure successful delivery of videos, including pre-production, on-set shooting, and post production
- 8+ years relevant experience with a portfolio of compelling, engaging and whimsical films/video created for software developers and/or enterprise companies
- Extensive film / video experience as a hands-on executive producer / director across multiple genres, styles and tone
- Sophisticated understanding of broadcast and social distribution platforms and how different content, tone, and messaging can be customized for different platforms
- Deep understanding of the software developer community, tools, technologies and workflows
- Ability to navigate competing priorities, prioritize resource appropriately and mitigate associated challenges
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage production challenges
- Experience coaxing authentic performances from non-actors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A born collaborator who also feels comfortable owning the outcome and driving decisions
- Willing to take chances and push the envelope to create something new, compelling and wonderful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.